• Repair Questions and Answers.
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

Repair Questions and Answers.

Moderator: Moderators

#384268  by M-Pressive
 May 22nd, 2020, 8:01 pm
Hey everyone,

The last piece of the rear suspension that the black car needs is the rear sway bar bushings.

I have the poly bushings and a set of OEM clips and bolts.

I looked in the knowledgebase and didn't see anything. Does anyone have tips or instructions for this work? I know that you can break something under there so the more info the better.

Thanks in advance!
 #384279  by mrozt27
 May 23rd, 2020, 2:45 pm
Spray lube on bolts a day before u remove them.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

#384281  by In-trepid
 May 23rd, 2020, 7:58 pm
What breaks are the clip nuts that hold the forward part of the mount and I believe the gas tank strap if I'm not mistaken. These are M10-1.5 steel tapped hole U-style clip-on nut. Anyway, they are the forward bolt/nut on the sway bar mount. The rear bolt is one that actually holds the rear cross member/structural piece. If I remember right, these are bigger and thread into body so they usually come out easier . There is a good explanation in section 2 of the factory service manual. I did these (actually had someone do as I watched) on my silver 2004 that I sold to Steve Williams. I have the bushings to do it on my currant gray special, but have been procrastinating getting to it. I'm going to add the second set of adjustable lateral links at the same time and dread taking the long bolt out and droping the tank a bit to get the lateral link bolt out.
 #384285  by M-Pressive
 May 23rd, 2020, 8:18 pm
In-trepid wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 7:58 pm What breaks are the clip nuts that hold the forward part of the mount and I believe the gas tank strap if I'm not mistaken. These are M10-1.5 steel tapped hole U-style clip-on nut. Anyway, they are the forward bolt/nut on the sway bar mount. The rear bolt is one that actually holds the rear cross member/structural piece. If I remember right, these are bigger and thread into body so they usually come out easier . There is a good explanation in section 2 of the factory service manual. I did these (actually had someone do as I watched) on my silver 2004 that I sold to Steve Williams. I have the bushings to do it on my currant gray special, but have been procrastinating getting to it. I'm going to add the second set of adjustable lateral links at the same time and dread taking the long bolt out and droping the tank a bit to get the lateral link bolt out.
Thanks! Hoping to get to this soon.