Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Carlisle regs arrived today.

• Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2020 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.
Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2020 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.

Moderator: Moderators

#384715  by StealthM
 June 26th, 2020, 12:31 am
Hello all. Hope this finds everyone well and safe. I mentioned to Steph today that we had not recieved our stickers for Carlisle well low and behold guess what was waiting in my mailbox.. Yep its here. Although I can't help but feel unexcited. Not like the last two years where we waited with bated breath for this weekend to come. Somehow the excitement isn't there knowing that our full family will not be attending. Trust me I totally understand. But me and Steph will be attending with masks and hand sanitizer in bulk. Flying our banner and club flag in the proud fashion that we do... See Bob there was a reason you didn't get your flag pole back....lol. The motley crew that will show up will carry on our traditions as best we can. As in all families you may not be there in the physical form but you will all be there in spirit. God bless everyone, stay safe and I will see you on the showfield....
M-Pressive, First Lady liked this
 #384717  by FIREM
 June 26th, 2020, 7:38 am
The change to 2021 confirmation showed up today for us.
Clarence & Stephanie Stay Safe Please ! I know wit your jobs you deal with the virus daily, don't take any chances for a car show. We all want to be there and will be in 2021.
 #384720  by Sneke_Eyez
 June 26th, 2020, 8:59 am
I remarked to Ashley last week that the Carlisle stickers usually had arrived by that time.
They must have delayed them due to so many cancelations.

I hope you guys have a good time. Just too much unknown risk at this point for us to go.
But, I am making plans for the wagon for that weekend.
 #384722  by KxWarrior
 June 26th, 2020, 12:46 pm
Just got mine two days ago and I actually contacted Carlisle Events to push my registration to 2021. Ill still go i reckon just running out of time for the RT. Its running but not inspected yet
 #384727  by First Lady
 June 26th, 2020, 7:08 pm
Our receipts for 2021 registration came as well. They're on the fridge with the 2020 OC registration receipt....fingers crossed!!!!!!!!!
 #384961  by Cypressdelight
 July 10th, 2020, 1:07 pm
I transferred my 2020 registration to 2021 on May 7th and hadn't received any written acknowledgement of the change. Talked to Tina at Carlisle Events today and they're going to resend the change letter...hope the Post Office delivers it this time!
 #384962  by LUNAT1C
 July 10th, 2020, 1:29 pm
I had received my sticker before I made the decision not to go and was told I needed to mail it back along with a letter requesting it be transferred. Finally got my printer at home working on Monday (usually use the office printer, office shut down until September currently), mailed it Wednesday along with my engine oil sample for Blackstone. I supposed they'll get it tomorrow, I call back and check on that Monday since I'm sure they're swamped.
 #384964  by Cypressdelight
 July 10th, 2020, 1:50 pm
Who's Blackstone and why do you send them an oil sample? Is it something I should be doing?
 #384965  by LUNAT1C
 July 10th, 2020, 2:32 pm
Cypressdelight wrote: July 10th, 2020, 1:50 pm Who's Blackstone and why do you send them an oil sample? Is it something I should be doing?
Blackstone Labs in Indianapolis. They do oil (and other fluids) analyses to determine what materials are present in the oil, as a way of early detection of possible engine issues. They can also test it to see how the wear additives are performing and if you could possibly have gone with a longer OCI, saving you money if you can extend oil usage and change it less often. I change it once per year since I only put on 3-5,000 miles per year, but in the past for my M and Jeep they've noted I could easily do 7,500 mile intervals with the level of wear remaining in my oil.

I did this last year and they found elevated levels of aluminum in the oil and recommended keeping an eye on it. Testing again one year later to see if it's gone down or up. If it's gone up, then I have extensive repairs in my near future (bearings).
 #384977  by sparky99
 July 10th, 2020, 9:30 pm
Robert: are you sure you mailed the sample to Indianapolis? I know Blackstone Labs is on Pettit Ave. in Fort Wayne... (a buddy of mine used to work for them)
 #384985  by LUNAT1C
 July 11th, 2020, 3:19 pm
That's right. Fort Wayne, Pettit Ave. I remember it by remembering a club member lives in that city and got suck on Indy, likely from having John on my mind a lot lately.
 #385271  by sparky99
 July 28th, 2020, 9:26 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: July 11th, 2020, 3:19 pm That's right. Fort Wayne, Pettit Ave. I remember it by remembering a club member lives in that city and got suck on Indy, likely from having John on my mind a lot lately.
Definitely understandable.

Blackstone does good work and will help keep you from engine demise if caught early enough.