Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Virtual Toast - Zoom Link

• Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2020 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.
Membership Banner

Join us for an amazing weekend of fun at the 2020 Chrysler Nationals. This is our largest meet of the year.

Moderator: Moderators

#384794  by M-Pressive
 July 1st, 2020, 7:35 pm
Hey Everyone,

We have a Zoom meeting set up for 8pm on July 11th, 2020. We will be doing our annual toast of the precious during this Zoom.

Let's plan on toasting at 8:15pm. We hope you join us! Bring something to toast with.

Info for the Zoom below

Time: Jul 11, 2020 08:00 PM Eastern Time (US and Canada)

https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87670563632

Meeting ID: 876 7056 3632
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,87670563632# US (Chicago)
+19292056099,,87670563632# US (New York)
First Lady, FIREM, StealthM liked this
 #384795  by M-Pressive
 July 1st, 2020, 7:37 pm
What will each of you be toasting with?

Lindsey and I will be toasting with some Crown to honor John.
First Lady, FIREM, StealthM and 1 others liked this
 #384798  by FIREM
 July 1st, 2020, 8:26 pm
John and I would “share” our spirits, depending on whose bottle was closer. I have a bottle of JW BLUE set aside for the event.
 #384799  by M-Pressive
 July 1st, 2020, 8:48 pm
FIREM wrote: July 1st, 2020, 8:26 pm John and I would “share” our spirits, depending on whose bottle was closer. I have a bottle of JW BLUE set aside for the event.
I have some Blue in the basement, hmmmmm
 #384806  by LUNAT1C
 July 2nd, 2020, 9:49 am
I'll make a trip to the store later and make my selection. Nick bought me a full bottle of Red Label for my birthday in January, still unopened since I had half a bottle still to go until it was recently polished off.

The choice is Crown and Blue, which I have not tried yet...
 #384810  by Carfan77
 July 2nd, 2020, 10:19 am
Crown for the toast, then back to Blantons!
First Lady liked this
 #384937  by 00R/T
 July 8th, 2020, 10:33 pm
M-Pressive wrote:What will each of you be toasting with?

Lindsey and I will be toasting with some Crown to honor John.
Hmmm, that’s a tough one. Narrowing it down to Whisky doesn’t really help me, either.

I think I may pick up a bottle of Blanton’s to keep with the tradition. Even though I don’t typically drink it, maybe grab some Crown too in honor of John. I still have a little shelf space left.
 #384939  by FIREM
 July 9th, 2020, 8:07 am
Many great choices there, one of each would do nicely
 #384978  by sparky99
 July 10th, 2020, 9:37 pm
Only "Hard Alcohol" in the house is Red Stag.... Kind of disappointing, I'm sure. But I'll toast with that.
First Lady liked this
 #384989  by First Lady
 July 11th, 2020, 7:12 pm
Toasting in 3 minutes!!!
 #384991  by First Lady
 July 11th, 2020, 11:30 pm
Out lasted the Carlisle crew!!!

Thanks so much for joining everyone!! What a great honor to our club members and so wonderful to share laughs together!!!!!!!!! Love and miss you all!!! <hugs>
FalKen, Sonicrob, Sonicrob and 2 others liked this
 #384992  by 00R/T
 July 12th, 2020, 8:19 am
I anticipate a rough morning for some!
First Lady liked this
 #384997  by M-Pressive
 July 12th, 2020, 1:34 pm
Thanks so much to everyone that joined last night!

It was great to see everyone's faces and catch up.
 #384999  by First Lady
 July 12th, 2020, 1:47 pm
While it wasn't what we all wanted, it was wonderful!!!

Thanks again to everyone that joined throughout the evening....I never thought we'd be on for 4 hours! It was so nice to see your faces. In many ways it made me miss you more but so thankful to have been able to connect in at least this way.

Added a bunch of screenshots to the Carlisle Fotki folder but wanted to share one here!

#385002  by YardleyBill
 July 12th, 2020, 5:08 pm
It was great to see everyone, even just virtually.

And the good news is unlike a Carlisle morning, we could all sleep in if we wanted! :)

Thanks for organizing!
First Lady liked this
 #385003  by KxWarrior
 July 12th, 2020, 8:59 pm
^ I can't disagree with that one. Finding that hood was a gem for sure. At some point I may find someone with a truck and bring it to my house for safe keeping. We can't let that relic go.

Definitely felt some sort of way signing off that evening. It was a lot quieter not having everyone around but, glad the Zoom call happened, and now that I know how to use it...Can try it out anytime! Lol :D
 #385005  by sparky99
 July 12th, 2020, 9:10 pm
you know, I've been thinking about this.

what if we had one of these every quarter... we can chat about whatever. It would allow those of us who live close together the chance to talk more often..

I had a blast seeing you all. As unfortunate as the whole Carlisle thing was, it was the best part of my day.

I think we need to do this more often
 #385007  by First Lady
 July 12th, 2020, 9:16 pm
sparky99 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:10 pm you know, I've been thinking about this.

what if we had one of these every quarter... we can chat about whatever. It would allow those of us who live close together the chance to talk more often..

I had a blast seeing you all. As unfortunate as the whole Carlisle thing was, it was the best part of my day.

Totally agree - great highlight of my weekend!!!

There use to be a casual chat session set up twice a week on the forum where people would log in and chat with whoever else logged in.

We can certainly look into a more frequent schedule and I agree, it'd be fun just to connect!!
KxWarrior liked this
 #385009  by 00R/T
 July 12th, 2020, 10:39 pm
First Lady wrote:
sparky99 wrote: July 12th, 2020, 9:10 pm you know, I've been thinking about this.

Totally agree - great highlight of my weekend!!!

There use to be a casual chat session set up twice a week on the forum where people would log in and chat with whoever else logged in.

We can certainly look into a more frequent schedule and I agree, it'd be fun just to connect!!
I like that concept. It brings me back to the old days of the internet before smart phones (God I sound like I’m ancient) where chat rooms were huge. I think it wouldn’t hurt to even be a weekly thing. I see it like the weekly happy hour we’ve had at places I’ve worked. Nobody really knows who is going to be there from one week to the next and it doesn’t matter. There’s a consistent time slot and those who can drop by do. Some weeks you have nobody, others you have a crowd.
 #385011  by LUNAT1C
 July 12th, 2020, 11:15 pm
This was definitely the highlight of my weekend. Missing Carlisle was a major blow to my morale, but getting to see and talk to so many friends and family in spite of the current conditions certainly helped make up for it. Though, I couldn't help but wish I was right there in that parking with those who did make it.

I'm all for periodic Zoom calls! One think we always say is we wish we could see each other more often. Technology seems to be catching up to our dreams!