Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Who's planning on attending.

  • Discuss Club Meetings and Functions
Membership Banner

Discuss Club Meetings and Functions

Moderator: Moderators

 #385846  by DDTOP
 September 18th, 2020, 9:42 am
Sadly we are going to miss you all (y'all? now that we're southerners? LOL!) but being in that higher age risk group we just don't think its wise to come given the crowds there. Hard decision to come to, but it is what it is...:( Miss our 300M family and hoping....praying actually...that all will be good for Carlisle 2021! Robert will be attending the Indy meet, so wish I could be there too, but I'm the child sitter for the 2 grandkids not going. Paul, Heather and Vincent are planning to attend with him. Have a great time and have some Thrashers, Dumsers and Kohrs for us!
User avatar
 #385847  by LUNAT1C
 September 18th, 2020, 11:31 am
DDTOP wrote: September 18th, 2020, 9:42 am Sadly we are going to miss you all (y'all? now that we're southerners? LOL!) but being in that higher age risk group we just don't think its wise to come given the crowds there. Hard decision to come to, but it is what it is...:( Miss our 300M family and hoping....praying actually...that all will be good for Carlisle 2021! Robert will be attending the Indy meet, so wish I could be there too, but I'm the child sitter for the 2 grandkids not going. Paul, Heather and Vincent are planning to attend with him. Have a great time and have some Thrashers, Dumsers and Kohrs for us!
We will definitely miss you both! I wonder if at some point we could set up another smaller video call at some point, so we can all still connect, at least virtually.
User avatar
 #385849  by First Lady
 September 18th, 2020, 12:00 pm
Certainly understand but doesn't make me like it at all!!!!

Honestly, it's not like us AT ALL to go this long without seeing Bob and Darlene and it just doesn't seem right!!!!!

VERY MUCH looking forward to 2021 and all the events it will hold!!!!!
 #385852  by DDTOP
 September 18th, 2020, 2:03 pm
Robert and Lindsey, you're comments are making me even sadder! It has been WAY TOO LONG!!! If anyone feels safe enough to travel to Myrtle Beach, we'd love to see you! Two spare rooms at the Days Inn South!
User avatar
 #385866  by FIREM
 September 20th, 2020, 7:34 am
Thought I had posted here (from my new phone) but I guess not.
Sorry to say we just are not yet comfortable with large gatherings and or hotel rooms. Even trips to the stores are carefully planned.
Miss all of our extended family so much after our move and hope that this will pass soon.
Reminder to those in the north east we are "half way to Disney" just saying......
User avatar
 #385887  by LUNAT1C
 September 21st, 2020, 7:51 am
FIREM wrote: September 20th, 2020, 7:34 am Thought I had posted here (from my new phone) but I guess not.
Sorry to say we just are not yet comfortable with large gatherings and or hotel rooms. Even trips to the stores are carefully planned.
Miss all of our extended family so much after our move and hope that this will pass soon.
Reminder to those in the north east we are "half way to Disney" just saying......
But still the about the same distance to the disneyworld of auto racing? :wink:

I honestly feel like 2021 just needs to be one yearlong club meet to make up for 2020. We're owed it, right?

:thebar

We haven't discussed it but I'm sure when we get to the hotel, the car won't even be unpacked until the room has been gone through with sanitizer, even if it's clean already. One more thing to add to the car-show cleaning arsenal... maybe even bring our own pillows. A little nuts... but I think folks have seen my license plate...
User avatar
 #385893  by M-Pressive
 September 21st, 2020, 2:38 pm
We traveled to Indy with our own pillows, sheets and towels.

Cleaned the room as soon as we walked in to them.
LUNAT1C liked this
 #385894  by DDTOP
 September 21st, 2020, 3:12 pm
We did the same when we went to NJ to visit the kids and grandkids. Didn't go anywhere but there homes, but WAS nervous about hotel! I must say though, the Hampton Inn was immaculate! But still sanitized myself for extra measure!
User avatar
 #385898  by FIREM
 September 21st, 2020, 6:01 pm
Got my registration card today. I have emailed a request to transfer to 2021.
Noted "Masks required at all times within the event footprint"
Hope it works and all comply and stay safe.
User avatar
 #385901  by First Lady
 September 22nd, 2020, 5:53 pm
Yes it was evident to me how great hotels are doing with cleaning and alternating rooms that are used when the hot water took more than 3 minutes to arrive to the shower in the morning!! It felt like forever and I was surprised by it but after thinking about it, it all made sense!!
User avatar
 #385905  by M-Pressive
 September 22nd, 2020, 7:45 pm
We are back to being on the fence with this.

Not due to Covid....

The unsanctioned meet is this coming weekend down there but the problems have already started.

They are essentially towing and impounding any car that is modified. Any tuck of the tires in the wheel wells will get you impounded with huge fees.

If that is the plan for Endless Summer the car will not be making the trip. It isn't worth it to me. I can't afford the huge fees they are giving out and the car would get wrecked if it was towed.

I reached out to the event to see if they have any info on what the rules will be but each year I get more uncomfortable with bringing the car. I am certainly closer to the edge of what is legal and while I am very respectful down there it only takes one cop to pull me over.

Window tint, tinted tails, modified suspension, tire stretch, etc, etc, etc.

We shall see.
User avatar
 #385906  by First Lady
 September 22nd, 2020, 8:13 pm
Maybe my car will make the trip!!!

It could use the miles actually...I've probably only drive a few hundred in 2020! :-)
User avatar
 #385914  by LUNAT1C
 September 23rd, 2020, 10:02 am
Remember you have at least two other very nice Specials to take... one of them is blue and another is gray!
 #385915  by StealthM
 September 23rd, 2020, 11:46 am
Guess I need to bring a crapload of PBA cards for all of us....lol... but seriously I doubt that warning is for us. I am sure its for the aholes in those ricers. 99 percent of the cars down there are modded. Just no stealth ops at zero dark thirty.....
M-Pressive, LUNAT1C liked this
 #385932  by 00R/T
 September 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm
I was actually thinking this might be a fun idea given that I’ve never been and I have a ton of vacation left that I have to use thanks to COVID. I charged my battery and went to take the car for a spin after it’s sat for a few month and made it 3 feet before I sprayed brake fluid in 7 different direction. So, yeah, not gonna happen.
User avatar
 #385933  by M-Pressive
 September 24th, 2020, 7:27 pm
00R/T wrote: September 24th, 2020, 7:22 pm I was actually thinking this might be a fun idea given that I’ve never been and I have a ton of vacation left that I have to use thanks to COVID. I charged my battery and went to take the car for a spin after it’s sat for a few month and made it 3 feet before I sprayed brake fluid in 7 different direction. So, yeah, not gonna happen.
You got months! Maybe we need to come down and get your brake lines replaced.
User avatar
 #385935  by Sonicrob
 September 24th, 2020, 9:43 pm
I’ve been seeing it all over social media. Cars are getting towed left and right with exorbitant impounding fees. I was on the fence about showing up. But after reading about it, I think I’m going to back off. Definitely can’t afford the fees as I’m still unemployed. Ugh....
 #385936  by StealthM
 September 25th, 2020, 12:35 am
Did they give reasons for towing? Parking violations, noise complaints, burn outs, speeding. They would have to have a valid reason. I am sure the show promoters would have an issue. People would stop attending their shows if the local PD were carelessly towing show cars..
.
User avatar
 #385950  by First Lady
 September 25th, 2020, 7:30 pm
It's a very interesting situation given the event that 'these people' are a part of is happening in ATLANTIC CITY, NEW JERSEY!! A few years ago the show moved because it was so troublesome in OC. Apparently some didn't like being told 'no' and have 'held' an unsanctioned event of their own to torment the town and public officials. The past few years it's gotten worse with their actions, which only requires the city to take a stronger stance and heightened enforcement.

I would think that the weekend that our show is planned, it would be how it's been for us in the past. If you're being dumb and doing illegal things, than you're going to get ticketed/towed/etc. There's always those who are in the area, not as part of the show, and racing, burnouts, etc. and those are the ones getting pulled over.....well, them and Alan for having his underbody kit on while driving!!!!

I'd like to think that we'd be okay for our weekend given we don't drive a lot - it's mainly to and from the inlet and to and from dinner. Within the speed limit, using turn signals, practicing safe driving I'd hope we'd be fine. There's certainly no guarantee by any means, but I'm hopeful it will be a reasonable situation why the time we're there.

These other idiots are wrecking it for so many others and I'm just not sure I'll ever understand that mentality of not thinking about the impact of your actions. When you're told no, no means no regardless of who is saying it to you. And you get nothing to stand on when there are consequences to your actions which you don't like. Some people are real jerks!
User avatar
 #385952  by Sonicrob
 September 26th, 2020, 2:39 am
StealthM wrote: September 25th, 2020, 12:35 am Did they give reasons for towing? Parking violations, noise complaints, burn outs, speeding. They would have to have a valid reason. I am sure the show promoters would have an issue. People would stop attending their shows if the local PD were carelessly
Apparently having a few illegal mods (tints, exhaust, under glow) is enough to warrant some of the cars in attendance to be towed. Who knows if some of the people getting caught are just giving the cops some lip. But, then again, could be over zealous cops trying to set examples.