Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Seat Change

• LH Interior Modification Discussions
Membership Banner

LH Interior Modification Discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#381936  by ZDaniels
 January 17th, 2020, 8:39 pm
Hey guys, so I was wondering what all I could use for options to replace my seats with

So, I was initially thinking an Intrepid cloth seats, but I can't remember or find if they have cup holders in the back. But I was also thinking about putting Town and Country seats in the car, a bit of a stretch, I know

But I'm trying to personalize the car to say "This is what luxury means to me", so I don't know, in terms of comfort, what kind of seats are feasible for the Chrysler. Ultimately, I'm not going to be able to get brand new ones, yet

But what I want to do is replace all my leather seating, and put in some cloth seats, and the rear seats have to have a cup holder in the back instead of an arm rest
 #381974  by Sneke_Eyez
 January 21st, 2020, 2:05 pm
Hello Zachary and welcome to the Club.

As for drop-in cloth seat options, your best bet is a set of Intrepid ES cloth seats.
The Intrepid ES had upgraded cloth from the Intrepid SE/base, which also had cloth seats.
The rear seat in an Intrepid ES also had a cupholder in the flip down arm rest and the rear seat is usually 60/40 split folding like a 300M rear seat.

I'm surprised your 1999 doesn't have a cupholder in the back, as I thought most 300Ms had the cupholder.

No other cloth seats will mount easily into your car, and I can say that from looking at a Town and County, the seats are of a completely different design.

My advice to you is to visit your local "You Pull It" junkyard and explore what they have for cars and seats available.
They will likely have an Intrepid or two with cloth seats you can evaluate for your own car.

As someone who has owned both Intrepid SE and ES cloth seats, my choice are the ES cloth - and that's what will get you the rear seat cupholder as well.

Good luck.
 #381977  by LUNAT1C
 January 21st, 2020, 3:46 pm
Best cloth seat... Intrepid ES with the split folder rear seat.

Luxurious and comfortable? 300M Luxury package had the most comfortable seats of any 2nd gen LH, but none of them were cloth. I believe Euro 300Ms got cloth seats from the Intrepid ES if it wasn't optioned with leather.
 #382554  by sdugasjr
 February 29th, 2020, 6:36 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote:Hello Zachary and welcome to the Club.

As for drop-in cloth seat options, your best bet is a set of Intrepid ES cloth seats.
The Intrepid ES had upgraded cloth from the Intrepid SE/base, which also had cloth seats.
The rear seat in an Intrepid ES also had a cupholder in the flip down arm rest and the rear seat is usually 60/40 split folding like a 300M rear seat.

I'm surprised your 1999 doesn't have a cupholder in the back, as I thought most 300Ms had the cupholder.

No other cloth seats will mount easily into your car, and I can say that from looking at a Town and County, the seats are of a completely different design.

My advice to you is to visit your local "You Pull It" junkyard and explore what they have for cars and seats available.
They will likely have an Intrepid or two with cloth seats you can evaluate for your own car.

As someone who has owned both Intrepid SE and ES cloth seats, my choice are the ES cloth - and that's what will get you the rear seat cupholder as well.

Good luck.
My 99 doesn’t have cup holders in the armrest either
 #382556  by sparky99
 February 29th, 2020, 9:25 pm
ZDaniels wrote: January 17th, 2020, 8:39 pm Hey guys, so I was wondering what all I could use for options to replace my seats with

So, I was initially thinking an Intrepid cloth seats, but I can't remember or find if they have cup holders in the back. But I was also thinking about putting Town and Country seats in the car, a bit of a stretch, I know

But I'm trying to personalize the car to say "This is what luxury means to me", so I don't know, in terms of comfort, what kind of seats are feasible for the Chrysler. Ultimately, I'm not going to be able to get brand new ones, yet

But what I want to do is replace all my leather seating, and put in some cloth seats, and the rear seats have to have a cup holder in the back instead of an arm rest
Hey Zachary, I have a set of Intrepid SE cloth seats in my green car that is destined to be scrapped soon. I think they were pretty comfy but I prefer leather so i swapped interiors. I don't know where you are located, but I could sell them to you if you are interested. I could grab a few Photos if youre close to NE Indiana.
 #383061  by ZDaniels
 March 25th, 2020, 9:17 pm
Hey, thank y'all for the suggestions!

For the most part, I'm replacing these as my Fiancee and myself, don't really enjoy the leather as it's either too hot or too cold with the weather.

I have looked at my local LKQ, the only one that I know around in my area of Georgia, and quite frankly, they don't look good. They either had been in a wreck with shattered windows, or the animals got to them before I did, and they're very moldy smelling and just full of junk from when other people got to those cars.

But yeah, I was surprised when I realized it didn't have a cup holder as well, as I hadn't checked it until I was with some friends and they pulled down the armrest and notified me.

I'm still figuring out some more issues and small complaints [like this one], but as a kid who only has 2 bills to pay for right now, I figured I'd go ahead and get away with nit picking until it becomes much harder for me to do.

On another note, do you guys think the SE/ES seats would work with heated seats as well be able to bolt onto the existing rails from the car? Because that heated seats do not work at all, and the memory seat function sort of works.

Thank y'all again!
 #383062  by ZDaniels
 March 25th, 2020, 9:21 pm
sparky99 wrote: February 29th, 2020, 9:25 pm

Hey Zachary, I have a set of Intrepid SE cloth seats in my green car that is destined to be scrapped soon. I think they were pretty comfy but I prefer leather so i swapped interiors. I don't know where you are located, but I could sell them to you if you are interested. I could grab a few Photos if youre close to NE Indiana.
Hey, those would be great, however I'm not sure how long you're willing to hang onto them if you still have them, or if you would want to try shipping them. This whole virus thing has me confused on who all is on quarantine/lockdown and who's not, as I tend to be bad at keeping up with the news (I've usually found it to be mostly negative, so I barely pay attention to them unless something major happens).

But I'm down in NW Georgia, about a good 6.5 hours away from Indiana, sadly, as I seem to see a good bit of people on here from further up north or in the Midwest. Seems like these cars didn't really sell too well in certain areas.
 #383066  by LUNAT1C
 March 26th, 2020, 10:49 am
RE: Heated and memory functions.

There's no such thing as a cloth LH seat with heating elements or memory functions. You'll need to retrofit by swapping the cloth cushions and leanbacks onto your original seat frames, and install aftermarket heating elements and switches. The seat frames should be the same for all cars as far as bolt patterns go, I don't *think* there is a difference between the manual and power seat frames (most cloth will be manual, though power was offered on the ES trim). Factory heated seats are controlled by the BCM, so I've no idea if you can retrofit aftermarket elements in to use with your original seat frames. Might be possible, I just haven't had a need to look myself.
 #383083  by sparky99
 March 26th, 2020, 7:01 pm
Zachary, I don't think they'd be worth the money to ship. They are decent, but not perfect. I would have to strap them to a pallet and ship them that way as they're too awkward and heavy to ship in boxes.
 #383166  by ZDaniels
 March 29th, 2020, 10:15 pm
sparky99 wrote:Zachary, I don't think they'd be worth the money to ship. They are decent, but not perfect. I would have to strap them to a pallet and ship them that way as they're too awkward and heavy to ship in boxes.
That's understandable, I do appreciate the offer though!

Maybe when i actually get to replacing the grimy carpet on it and changing the monotone look of it, will I consider just getting a brand new set of seats made and hopefully be able to add those settings in

Sent from my SM-A102U using Tapatalk

#383170  by TrepKing95
 March 30th, 2020, 8:25 am
LUNAT1C wrote: March 26th, 2020, 10:49 am RE: Heated and memory functions.

There's no such thing as a cloth LH seat with heating elements or memory functions. You'll need to retrofit by swapping the cloth cushions and leanbacks onto your original seat frames, and install aftermarket heating elements and switches. The seat frames should be the same for all cars as far as bolt patterns go, I don't *think* there is a difference between the manual and power seat frames (most cloth will be manual, though power was offered on the ES trim). Factory heated seats are controlled by the BCM, so I've no idea if you can retrofit aftermarket elements in to use with your original seat frames. Might be possible, I just haven't had a need to look myself.
Robert; factory heated seats are actually controlled by the "Memory Heated Seat & Mirror Module (MHSMM)" located under the driver seat. Best bet for using factory setup would be to use heating elements out of a 300M special, as the specials used a heating pad separate from the cushion cover, while the base M's the elements were integral to the leather cover.
 #383172  by ZDaniels
 March 30th, 2020, 9:03 am
So, out of curiosity, how would I know if I have the base M?

Because I've seen the special having the auto stick with 8 way power seats, and mine has that as well considering it's a 99. But that's about all I know as far as specs go with my car.

Because I was thinking I could go ahead and fix the heating element part on my seats if they aren't integrated into the seat, unless that shouldn't matter as far as repair wise goes
 #383177  by LUNAT1C
 March 30th, 2020, 9:39 am
ZDaniels wrote: March 30th, 2020, 9:03 am So, out of curiosity, how would I know if I have the base M?

Because I've seen the special having the auto stick with 8 way power seats, and mine has that as well considering it's a 99. But that's about all I know as far as specs go with my car.

Because I was thinking I could go ahead and fix the heating element part on my seats if they aren't integrated into the seat, unless that shouldn't matter as far as repair wise goes
Specials were produced for 2002-2004 model years only, and have dual exhaust (1 each side), HID projector headlamps, "waterfall" seat stitching pattern, faux CF interior appliques, and gray ground effects. Mine in my signature is a Special.

Being a 99, yours wouldn't be a Special.