Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Gonna plant this seed now... Indy 2021

• Join us in Indianapolis, Indiana in May 2021 for our Indy 500 meet.
Membership Banner

Join us in Indianapolis, Indiana in May 2021 for our Indy 500 meet.

Moderator: Moderators

#385607  by FIREM
 August 31st, 2020, 6:12 pm
We're IN !
Likely going to the race in 2021. Had plans to take Vincent along with us for 2020 as "uncle Tom" keeps begging us to come.
Our son & daughter in law were planning to go also, unsure of their plans for 21.
 #385610  by First Lady
 August 31st, 2020, 6:52 pm
We’ve talked about making the week out of it. If people want the meet for qualifying we will do some day trips in the area and be back for race weekend!

Will work with Mike on tickets of the race is what people want.
 #385612  by First Lady
 August 31st, 2020, 7:00 pm
Couldn't wait!! Just made the poll!

Thanks for the insight....we'll get planning from there!
 #385631  by In-trepid
 September 1st, 2020, 3:26 pm
I'm only 3 hours away in the Chicago area. Amber is about an hour and a half south in the Louisville area. We have a place that we can rent bays and lifts that we have used in Indy before and the owner was very accommodating. We also have a pretty good yard there that we have visited a couple of times also. Currently they have two Specials in that yard! I'm really looking forward to whatever we decide to do for an Indy meet.
 #385644  by sparky99
 September 2nd, 2020, 7:49 pm
Let me know how I can help. I have a pretty hectic schedule but would love to help out where I can.
I cannot wait for another Indy Meet!!! Although bittersweet, it will be great!
 #385647  by FIREM
 September 3rd, 2020, 6:31 am
StealthM wrote: September 3rd, 2020, 12:13 am Does everyone drive to Indy?
Heck NO we WALK, Crawl, hitch hike etc. Then someone Photoshops our cars on the track etc
Who in their right mind would drive an old car that far anyway????
Sneke_Eyez, LUNAT1C liked this
 #385648  by In-trepid
 September 3rd, 2020, 8:29 am
Clarence, it's your turn to make the long trip. Those of us in the Midwest have to make that long trip to Carlisle or Ocean City while you guys have the short trip from the East coast. It will give your car a true test of endurance! Plus, you will need it to drive on the the track if we can arrange that. Last, but not least, we all love seeing your car. We'll see you in Indy!
 #385654  by StealthM
 September 3rd, 2020, 12:05 pm
Easy Bob don't upset yourself.... lol. Some drive some fly but It would be cool to have a picture of StealthM on the track with a different smile.... I would love to meet the Capitan again... Were in........
 #385711  by First Lady
 September 6th, 2020, 7:16 pm
Just to help the seed that John planted grow a bit more (as if it needs it!!!) but yesterday while at the track I captured our countdown to race...

You ready?!?!?!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #385870  by FIREM
 September 20th, 2020, 7:51 am
So at this time our plan is to attend, subject to change of course.....
Darlene and I plan to attend Qualifying Weekend events, would be Darlene's turn to drive FIREM around the track!!
I plan to stay the week to attend various events at the track. Hoping "Community Day" will happen as it has in the past.
Darlene will need to fly to NJ at some point during the week. Our son, daughter in law and one grandson (Vincent) plan on driving out to Indy for the Great Race. (Darlene will supervise the remaining grand children Audra & JoJo)
Heather's Uncle, Tom has been trying to get the family out to Indy for years. Was supposed to happen this year but that didn't work out.
Cant Wait!!!
 #385886  by LUNAT1C
 September 21st, 2020, 7:45 am
I'm trying to figure out exactly what we'll end up doing. For those planning to do it, what is there filling the week between qualifying and the race? Trying to figure out if it's worth taking the extra time off, being in the hotel for longer ($$$), and needing pet sitting services for longer ($$$$$$).

I also need to look ahead and see what my vacation allotment looks like, since certain global events causing a total shutdown of automotive manufacturing gave that a sucker punch earlier this year.

Indy is a 5-hr drive, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to me to go home a few days and come back.
 #385891  by FIREM
 September 21st, 2020, 12:28 pm
The times I stayed for the week there were events at the track some of the days. Older cars from the museum and some private collections on display. Wednesday was "Community Day". Track was open for laps (could even take more than one) I also took a trip to some museums in the area https://visitindiana.com/blog/index.php ... r-museums/
LUNAT1C liked this
 #385902  by First Lady
 September 22nd, 2020, 6:00 pm
Yes there’s lots going on at the track for the week!

Keith and I actually plan to travel a bit from Indy and are considering flying to SD to see Mount Rushmore and then drive back to Indy via a few new places to see. Will have to see what we can fit into the few days we will have. Plans will probably change a few times between now and then but we don’t plan to stay in the area for the entire week - there’s exploring to do!!
LUNAT1C liked this
 #385912  by DDTOP
 September 23rd, 2020, 8:35 am
What a great idea, Lindsey! Mount Rushmore is on our "bucket list"! Will have to look into it!
 #385913  by LUNAT1C
 September 23rd, 2020, 9:53 am
That's a thought, maybe head up to Chicago for a few days or up the west coast of Michigan to the Silver Lake sand dunes (NOT taking my Special on them... rent a side-by-side :lol: )