• Crossfire's on eBay

• Discussions about the new Chrysler Crossfire
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

Discussions about the new Chrysler Crossfire

Moderator: Moderators

#41702  by 300M4Husker1
 October 20th, 2003, 9:44 am
I was on eBay last night and stopped to see if any Crossfire's were for sale. Yes indeed there are....21 to be exact!Less than half of them had ever received a bid, most have no reserve and all are being offered at less than sticker and in a couple of cases, less than DEALER COST!
 #41703  by sdmike300m
 October 20th, 2003, 12:40 pm
wowthere's a white one that I see frequently on the freeway on my way to work, and I have to say while it IS interesting and different, I find the car only marginally attractive. That little flip up wing looks so cheap that you would almost expect it to fly off at 60mph.
 #41704  by 300M4Husker1
 December 4th, 2003, 1:14 pm
Now there are couple of Crossfire's on e-Bay with BUY-NOW prices of $28,990, $29,950 and $29,900! The lowest priced one has only 8 miles on it and is still in the wrapper! Amazing...... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK START--><a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... <!--EZCODE AUTOLINK END-->Geez, don't you wish you were one of those guys that paid sticker plus 5, 6 or 7 grand on top? :stupid
 #41705  by Red Baron
 December 4th, 2003, 2:43 pm
<!--EZCODE QUOTE START--><blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>Geez, don't you wish you were one of those guys that paid sticker plus 5, 6 or 7 grand on top? <hr></blockquote><!--EZCODE QUOTE END-->Real quick story. Relative retired with a fair sum of money. Bought house on Gulf Coast of Florida, paid a bit more than ha could have but they was going to live there 'til they died. Expected some of the kids to follow them to FL.Fast Forward 1 year. Builder who was building the whole community goes belly up. Remaining houses and lots including partially finished units go up for fire sale. Finished house next door, IDENTICAL to theirs im most respects sells for 45% less than they paid. :wtf Fast Forward 1 more year. None of the Children move south, wife is terribly homesick. Couple move back north and loses in excess of 150 large. :doh
 #41706  by 99300mricva
 December 4th, 2003, 10:41 pm
The other thing about having a underpowered Crossfire for 10K over sticker is a Supercharged version (borrowed from the 3.2L AMG Mercs) will be at the Detroit auto show and available sometime in the future (hopefully next year). I'd hate to own one knowing that was now available.I really wish they'd release all the opinions up front and let the consumers choose. The more this goes on, the more I want to only buy vehicles in the middle and towards the end of their life cycle. This way you can pick the best one for you and not have to worry about a new "Special" or "AMG" etc model coming out and having regrets. This is automotive "teasing" to me, but I guess it's just marketing. Still I don't have to like it. :bitchin
 #41707  by Humanx
 December 6th, 2003, 1:36 pm
Rob,Good point. I just read an article that said the Crossfire Coupe (and follow on convertible) will be offered this spring with a 330HP turbocharged V-6 option. I would be boiling mad if I bought a Crossfire right out of the gate and then found out if I had waited I would have 330 horses to play with! With a jump from 215HP to 330HP, that ain't a bolt on kit either. Personally, I'm too big for the Crossfire. With the 330HP option they are most likely getting close to Corvette prices, and I can fit into one of those. ~Humanx 0]
 #41709  by Kosh 2258
 December 21st, 2003, 2:28 am
The Crossfire has pissed off at least one MB customer.He wrote into Autoweek bitching that in the last month 2 people have asked him if his SL500 was a new Crossfire. Nothing like driving a $89k car with an identity crisis. :(
 #41710  by Carfan77
 December 22nd, 2003, 10:16 am
Ted, I saw that last night and burst out laughing, wondering if anyone on the board had seen that!
 #41711  by kpiskin
 December 22nd, 2003, 12:08 pm
What a whiner. What about how much the rear of the Hyundai Santa Fe looks like a Porsche Cayenne? Or the Kia sedan that looks like a Jaguar? I even think the older Altimas were partly copied off the 300M. Look at those rear lights!!!
 #41712  by phobos512
 December 24th, 2003, 12:20 am
Hate to say it but the older style Altimas were around before the M...I remember a friend of mine in high school had one in like 96...