Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Updating My Mufflers

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#289106  by Armin830
 September 7th, 2012, 1:36 pm
shadowvox6 wrote:
Armin830 wrote:Finally decided to get the Bassani Street Comp mufflers. So correct me if I'm wrong on the setup. Remove the sideways mufflers, replace with x-pipe, remove only the rear resonator(s), and then replace the mufflers with the Bassani ones with welded on Dual tip, angled tips. It'll be a while before I post anything up as I am trying to transform my car in a major way and I'm sure all will appreciate it, finally have the money to spend on it in the upcoming months and finally be able to register on here!

I would remove all the factory mufflers.
Where the front resonator was, install the X-pipe.
Where the rear-most resonators were, install the Bassani mufflers.
Run duals from the X to
Enjoy the sounds!!
Just for clarification cause I dont want to mess up, Catalytic converter-X pipe-2 straight pipes- basani muffler on each
 #320488  by Countachqv
 November 2nd, 2013, 1:02 pm
<<Where the front resonator was, install the X-pipe.>>
OK.Another question about muffler mod this time. What about just replacing the front resonator with an X pipe and leave all the OEM stuff to start ?
What does it do to the sound ? Would there be a difference between the change on a regular Mand a Special exhaust?
Anybody has done that?
I dont care about performance, other than losing a bit of weight and staggering the exhaust mods cost over time.
 #320509  by Stratastic
 November 2nd, 2013, 8:53 pm
I cut everything off after the 2 into 1 resonator, i put a thrush glasspack about 6 inches after the resonator. Straight pipe from that out the back. Sounds really good.
 #375336  by Andrew656
 August 22nd, 2018, 7:32 am
Uhg. None of those manufacturers have a muffler for the 300M anymore.

Any other suggestions?

miska_man wrote: August 25th, 2012, 10:42 pm I wouldn't use a no-name muffler honestly.. if want a nice, rumbly sound I "hear" (pun :P ) that Magnaflows are some of the best ones to get. Others like Flowmaster. I personally like Borla, but it is the most expensive.