Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Exhaust question

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#293662  by 300M-Mike
 November 25th, 2012, 1:52 pm
I have scored a special bumper cover and am now thinking out my exhaust system. I think I'm going to replace the stock muffler with a dynomax super turbo and run the tailpipes out the special openings with some chrome tips (going for the stock special look). My question, how loud will this be without the rear resonators? I want the car quiet. Should I add resonators also? Looking for some input.

Thanks guys,
Mike
 #293700  by 300M-Mike
 November 25th, 2012, 5:20 pm
Just called around to some friends and found a buddy with a dynomax superturbo on his v6 chevy truck. I didn't know which muffler he had but it is nice and quiet. I think I'll be fine with the dynomax # 17739 muffler, having some tailpipes made and going with some chrome tips.

Mike
 #293707  by BXZ
 November 25th, 2012, 6:54 pm
It won't be to loud, I think it will sound good.
 #293720  by 300maximilien
 November 25th, 2012, 7:48 pm
Here is a diagram for an exhaust design that has been around the club since it's inception....

This is using a Rhino 921

And this the Magnaflow

Here is my first 300M in 2000 with the Hujo set up using a magnaflow

And here is a link to a picture thread
http://public.fotki.com/rogor2k/300m_dual_exh
aust/
 #293724  by 300M-Mike
 November 25th, 2012, 9:15 pm
Great info!
I'm going to start with the stock collector and just add the superturbo and some tailpipes. Hopefully I'll be happy with that.

Mike
 #293730  by 300maximilien
 November 25th, 2012, 10:00 pm
Just a very small example of the information our great 300M Enthusiasts Club Members have collected and assembled for all of us. There is an amazing amount of this info available as just one of the many incentives to actually joining the Club as a contributing member. Give it some thought Mike.
 #314034  by Countachqv
 August 2nd, 2013, 5:53 am
I am also looking for a complete replacement for my Pro-am. For the 2 diagrams above, how do these setups affect the cats temperature?

I had a chat with a tech about using the magnaflow and he mentioned that the magnaflow are not allowing the CATS to come up to the tempetature they need to be at for top functioning and that this results in early CATfailure. (too much free flowing?)

Anyone heared about this? CATS are not cheap... How do I figure the affect of thoses setups against that cat converter?
 #314040  by FIREM
 August 2nd, 2013, 8:21 am
Over the years there have been many exhaust mods done. I do not recall anyone having issues with O2 sensors or CATs that were related to their exhaust mods. CATs will come up to temp as a direct relation to fueling based on O2 sensors. PCM will adjust fueling to "light" the CATs if needed based on feedback from the sensors.
 #314044  by LUNAT1C
 August 2nd, 2013, 9:06 am
I've never heard of cats failing because of simple cat-back mods... in any car. I've only seen cats fail from age/miles and possibly from racing. shadowvox6 replaced his cats as part of a mod, and interestingly his factory cats were destroyed... but he races the car, which may have been a contributing factory. I modified the exhaust on my Grand Prix and put 20,000+ miles on it without ever having a cat-related problem.