Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Special exhaust on base M

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#315415  by EasyRider300M
 August 16th, 2013, 11:21 pm
What you gonna do wit all that junk--all that junk inside that trunk

#315416  by hbk73
 August 16th, 2013, 11:24 pm
I just had mine done today. I got the exhaust from a member and all the guy had to do on the install was add one hanger. It was done at a small local shop and i only paid $65.
 #315419  by 300MaximuM
 August 17th, 2013, 12:42 am
HBK73 wrote:I just had mine done today. I got the exhaust from a member and all the guy had to do on the install was add one hanger. It was done at a small local shop and i only paid $65.
Does everything like up right too? They tried to feed me so BS saying it wouldn't line up because it's from a different car and I'm like "Im in a car club in which multiple guys have done it with no problems" I guess I'm at the age in which people underestimate my knowledge of cars and try to pull one over on me
 #315420  by LUNAT1C
 August 17th, 2013, 2:01 am
No, they just want to justify their terrible work. Apparently it's too much to ask to bolt up a factory system?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4
 #315426  by hbk73
 August 17th, 2013, 9:11 am
300MaximuM wrote:
HBK73 wrote:I just had mine done today. I got the exhaust from a member and all the guy had to do on the install was add one hanger. It was done at a small local shop and i only paid $65.
Does everything like up right too? They tried to feed me so BS saying it wouldn't line up because it's from a different car and I'm like "Im in a car club in which multiple guys have done it with no problems" I guess I'm at the age in which people underestimate my knowledge of cars and try to pull one over on me
Yes it does line up just fine. The guy who did my said that he only had to make a hanger for the right side exhaust, meaning there should be factory exhaust with factory hangers for the other mufflers. Whoever did it is trying to cover up their crappy job. And I know what you mean when people underestimate young people. I'm only 20 and I get that "oh that will never work" all the time. It never helps to bring up the club... Haha

#315433  by InfernoLime
 August 17th, 2013, 9:25 am
I got the same response when I deleted my muffler. Two shops looked at my like I thought I had a civic. The final shop said sure but the whole experience I was thinking, I know what I'm doing . It will sound good.

The other problem is when we go in with really nice, well maintained cars, they know we will often do what has to be done to get it fixed
 #315442  by Null
 August 17th, 2013, 10:25 am
mattgendron wrote:I got the same response when I deleted my muffler. Two shops looked at my like I thought I had a civic. The final shop said sure but the whole experience I was thinking, I know what I'm doing . It will sound good.

The other problem is when we go in with really nice, well maintained cars, they know we will often do what has to be done to get it fixed
This worries me too sometimes. Its like they see we really care ab out this 13 year old car because of the condition its in and are willing to throw all the money at it.... Thats not reality though, well at least not for me.
 #315543  by 300MaximuM
 August 19th, 2013, 9:37 am
Took the car to a local shop and they fixed me up nice and I also took out the two rear mufflers. Straight pipe to the stock special tips. I love the look and sound. Now I'm satisfied
 #315545  by LUNAT1C
 August 19th, 2013, 10:04 am
Hey Tyler, it looks like you forgot to post that sound clip that you're expected to post. Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge. ;)
 #315557  by 300MaximuM
 August 19th, 2013, 12:17 pm
LUNAT1C wrote:Hey Tyler, it looks like you forgot to post that sound clip that you're expected to post. Hint hint, wink wink, nudge nudge. ;)
Been having to much fun playing around lol. I will get one up shortly.
 #315561  by 300MaximuM
 August 19th, 2013, 1:50 pm
 #315562  by 300maximilien
 August 19th, 2013, 1:51 pm
Unfortunately unless you have decent bass on your computer speakers or phone.... it's just doesn't do the sound any justice. It really sounds nice IMO.
 #315564  by Sneke_Eyez
 August 19th, 2013, 2:27 pm
So much for the trick, eh? Sounds good to me! Looks good too!
 #315573  by Maximus
 August 19th, 2013, 4:41 pm
Nice sound awesome just don't drop the hammer that hard all of the time.
 #315591  by 300maximilien
 August 19th, 2013, 7:51 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote:So much for the trick, eh? Sounds good to me! Looks good too!
The trick was to be played on the goofs at the first shop.....
ThaJuggla817 liked this