Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • replacing original Catalyst for sport

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#323387  by Robert 300m
 January 2nd, 2014, 3:55 am
Hello
I want to change my exhaust for my 2.7 300m. Is it many work to replace te original Catalyst for sport Catalyst. And give this errors for the ecu ?
 #323388  by dim289
 January 2nd, 2014, 4:56 am
what sport catalyst you want to install? i newer heard about this type of catalyst.
 #323405  by LUNAT1C
 January 2nd, 2014, 10:56 am
To my knowledge, there is no such thing as a sport or racing catalytic converter for LH platform cars (300M, Intrepid, Concorde) that is a direct swap with the OEM units. You would have to measure the OEM units, and then purchase a set of universal catalytic converters and have your local exhaust shop fabricate the flanges and midpipes needed to work with your car, and to mount the O2 sensors (or create O2 sensor simulators to eliminate the actual sensors).
 #323438  by mabraham
 January 2nd, 2014, 8:19 pm
I think its the headers that really hold us (most of us) back. Don't worry about the cats.
 #323447  by Robert 300m
 January 2nd, 2014, 10:44 pm
Thanks for the information. My local exhaust shop can make for me a new rvs exhaust system with sport Catalyst or twister with no catalyst for replacement or the original catalyst. So I think now that I take the universal sport catalyst and let make them the flanges and midpipe
 #323458  by langeb
 January 3rd, 2014, 11:34 am
im interested in the gain in performance with sport cats and exhaust in comparison over the stock system.

and a question
the extra hp gained by it would possibly ad more stress to the connecting rod bearings. wouldn't this possibly shorten the lifespan off the bearings as this is overall the weakest part of the 2.7 engine?
 #323471  by Chrysler Conker
 January 3rd, 2014, 4:43 pm
langeb wrote:im interested in the gain in performance with sport cats and exhaust in comparison over the stock system.

and a question
the extra hp gained by it would possibly ad more stress to the connecting rod bearings. wouldn't this possibly shorten the lifespan off the bearings as this is overall the weakest part of the 2.7 engine?
I think this is a weak link to 3.5, 3.2, and 3.3 as well.
 #323473  by Robert 300m
 January 3rd, 2014, 4:57 pm
I think that tis is no problem because there is not much more horse power. I have a k&n intake. And if i do the exhaust and catalyst. And then remap the ecu on the dyno. There is Max 20 horse power extra.
 #323560  by dim289
 January 6th, 2014, 3:02 am
Today i visited magnaflow site, and see there catalyc converters, that fit on 300m. But there two types:
49 STATE CATALYTIC CONVERTERS and
CALIFORNIA CATALYTIC CONVERTERS

What does it mean? What difference between them?