Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Rear Resonator For Base M

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#343518  by monte4
 March 12th, 2015, 10:14 am
Just got this delivered to me today. Polished stainless steel. The twin tips are about 1/2 inch each bigger in diameter than the stock tips. My Base M has the factory chrome tips and when I need to replace the resonator this will be it. Some minor modification will be needed to hang it as it has a center inlet vs. the factory offset inlet but should be no problem for a good muffler shop. Plus the inlet size is 2 1/2 inch same as factory one, a lot of the aftermarket are only 2 1/4 inch inlets.Cost me $90 delivered.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #343526  by tafi300M
 March 12th, 2015, 12:31 pm
Looks so cool. I hope you can hang it someday.
 #343531  by FIREM
 March 12th, 2015, 2:40 pm
Supplier and part number please for future reference, looks good.
 #343533  by monte4
 March 12th, 2015, 4:23 pm
It's from Kool Vue part #KV150105. I got it from J.C. Whitney. The manufacturer says its a universal fit for a Base 300. Since the tips are each about 1/2 bigger in dia. I measured the size of the opening on the rear of the car and it will just fit. I won't be mounting it until my stock resonator gets bad. I decided to get it now while I'm in Florida as the shipping and custom's are pretty expensive to order from Canada. A stock rear resonator from Walker with dual tips (not stainless or polished) is $125 so for $90 it's a good buy.
 #357724  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 3:18 pm
Did a complete exhaust system today as I had a hole in the rear transverse muffler. The shop I went to is a small place that specializes in stainless exhaust. It's a 1 man operation and he does a lot of hot rods and classic cars. Complete stainless steel front resonator, rear transverse muffler and all piping is stainless steel. All joints welded, no clamps used at all. I supplied the rear resonator that I bought while in Florida last winter. Forgot to take my camera as I would have liked to get pictures with car up on hoist, so these are with car back home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #357726  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 3:21 pm
Rear resonator:
 #357727  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 3:23 pm
Resonator tips are just over a half inch bigger each than the stock one's. Just fits through valance opening.
 #357728  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 3:24 pm
Side view:
 #357729  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 3:29 pm
The system is a little louder under acceleration but is quiet once cruising. Thankfully there is no drone.
 #357730  by FalKen
 April 25th, 2016, 3:55 pm
Looks very nice! but I have to ask why does it look like your car is leaning to right?
 #357731  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 4:23 pm
That's me leaning to the right laying down on my side under the back end taking the picture :) The first picture looks like I'm leaning a little to the left :) .
 #357732  by monte4
 April 25th, 2016, 4:39 pm
FalKen wrote:Looks very nice! but I have to ask why does it look like your car is leaning to right?
Better? :)