Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Mufflers/ headers/kits etc. For base model.

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#359180  by NateAndersen426
 June 20th, 2016, 10:45 pm
Just joined the forum so im probably going to ask a lot of the same questions that have been asked before.

So i have an 03 base model 300 and its currently running a Y pipe from the cats and straights from the Y pipe. No muffler or resonator.
Before this i have stock resonator and a Flowmaster 40 Series muffler and it was deep but too quiet.

So i just ordered a cherry bomb extreme muffler (same thing as a flowmaster super 10) and i intend to put that on and keep the resonator delete.

Is that pretty much the best i can get that sounds loud without it being high pitched like a honda?

Also i read somewhere that the JBA headers for the 3.5 chargers would fit on a 300m with a little work is that true?

Finally is there a way to put the dual kit from a special on the base model ?
I know i threw alot in here but any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks , Nate.
 #359183  by Shawn1301
 June 21st, 2016, 5:54 am
For dual kit, it's either rear facia swap and a different transverse (or nothing) similar too a Xlerator xs2265 muffler, fits nice.
Or measure out the cutout on drivers side, and sawsall the other side to be the same.
But a big difference I noticed in the routing, is it stays as 2 pipes until just before the corner on my special, where as the base had become one pipe right after the first resonator (which I also "y'd" in place of)
If you go the swap rear facia with a special, the temptation is strong to get the whole set, which is always worth it

For the first two questions, I'll leave that to the more exhaust oriented.
 #359184  by FIREM
 June 21st, 2016, 6:25 am
Welcome Nate, glad you found our site. This Club has virtually everything you need for information, mods and goodies for your M.
Unfortunately our cars are the "ugly step child" as far as the aftermarket is concerned. As far as "kits" for a 300M about the only thing available are timing belt kit packages. (Must be replaced 7 yr/100k or bad things happen)
Virtually everything for these cars is hand made one of a kind, developed by "us" to personalize our M's
Headers: the dream of many, reality of none. No one here has successfully found or created headers that fit our cars other than one custom made set ( dmondeac)
Exhaust: Many home grown types and styles, so much information it has it's own topic thread : http://300mclub.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=19
"Special" exhaust set up is a direct bolt on other than needing to cut the outlet in the rear fascia.
Consider membership in "this thing of ours" member supported, no ads or outside influence, and let us know where you are from. May be a member near you.
 #359270  by LUNAT1C
 June 23rd, 2016, 2:32 pm
Bob got most of it. I'll expand a bit on the Special question and answer the JBA question.

Special exhaust is a direct bolt on. You do however need to either cut your existing fascia to fit the second tip (and consider replacing tips with wide or quad tips to look right), or get a Special fascia (also bolt on). If you go that route then you'll want to consider the rest of the ground effects package, which will be insanely difficult with good condition front fascias being rarer than mint condition low mileage LH cars.

JBAs do and don't work. They bolt up to the engine just fine, but get very tricky from there. You have to extend the O2 harnesses and relocate the sensors, relocate the cats, and figure something out with the passenger collector since it dumps into the differential. Best bet is to find a set of good condition 1G LH manifolds, or go fully custom. Probably not worth the effort.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
 #360019  by NateAndersen426
 July 16th, 2016, 5:56 pm
Okay guys sorry i havent gotten back to any of you I've been very busy at the Dodge dealership i work at and im in the process of buying a 2006 300c so lifes been very money based lately. Anyways my plan at the moment is to have a custom exhuast built on my 03 300m. I as i said i have a Y pipe from the cats to a super right now and in all honesty i much preferred the full straights . But my next setup is an X pipe into no mufflers to the tips and two dual tips (i have one on right now ) so my next question is does anyone near Omaha Nebraska have a special rear bumper cover they would sell to me if i pick up? I know they are super rare but i thought id ask ? Thanks again guys
 #360020  by NateAndersen426
 July 16th, 2016, 6:05 pm
20160228_132845.jpg
that's the tip that's on there I intend to put the same one on the opposite side after building my exhaust into duals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.