Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 300M Special - Need Cheap Exhaust Replacement.

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#365086  by WLDock
 February 20th, 2017, 7:40 am
OK, so my car is on its last leg and last major set of repairs I care to make. DIY is keeping this car on the road or I would have moved on long ago due to shop repair costs. I need another year or two out of her.

I just did the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, belts, thermostat, cap, tie rods, etc. Now, the car is not passing emissions test, getting P0430 Cat Bank 2 codes and the left side rear resonator is blocked. So, I have played around with it a little and replaced a sensor, played with spacers, etc however, the exhaust had the fiberglass coming out the Left side, etc, etc and the rear muffler is rusted and leaking. So, I need a DIY cheap fix to pass emissions. I though there would have been more Specials with cheap fix posts on here but most seem to be after performance and sound. I think, I will replace the rear muffler and maybe get rid of the L&R rear resonators. I'm not sure if the front resonator/collector is still good and if the right side cat is still good. However, I need to get a OBDII on it to figure that out.

Anyway, after searching through several posts, I have not come across an after market replacement part. Even RockAuto does not list parts for the Special. I guess I will see if there are some Walker parts that will fit. Anyone know of any other brands, part numbers? I did come across someone using a Dynomax 17739 muffler.
 #365112  by paintballdude05
 February 21st, 2017, 12:55 pm
Nothing aftermarket, as far as I know, will be a direct replacement. The closest thing would be the parts for the base M but that would mean a conversion over to single outlet exhaust and a bit of fab. I've had to replace the muffler on a special in the past. The easiest thing to do was to just cut it out a replace it with a Y pipe.
 #365146  by Sneke_Eyez
 February 22nd, 2017, 9:32 am
I have recently been talking to a former member here who had a Camaro muffler put in to replace his stock M muffler. A stock V6 Camaro muffler may be an option.
I have a Flowmaster muffler that should go on a Camaro on my Intrepid, but that's not quite what you want (it's loud).
 #365161  by 300maximilien
 February 22nd, 2017, 9:46 pm
This is the muffler many have used as a replacement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #365162  by 300maximilien
 February 22nd, 2017, 9:47 pm
Also, the work around for the cat codes is to install anti foulers. There are a couple write ups around IIRC.
 #365198  by WLDock
 February 23rd, 2017, 7:36 pm
I tried the foulers previously but will see what the scanner shows. I may have to look into the MagnaFlow.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk