Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 300M Special - Need Cheap Exhaust Replacement.

• Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.
2020 Calendar Banner

Membership Banner

Talk about the most common LH mod, and why Chrysler didn't do it.

Moderator: Moderators

#365086  by WLDock
 February 20th, 2017, 7:40 am
OK, so my car is on its last leg and last major set of repairs I care to make. DIY is keeping this car on the road or I would have moved on long ago due to shop repair costs. I need another year or two out of her.

I just did the timing belt, water pump, pulleys, belts, thermostat, cap, tie rods, etc. Now, the car is not passing emissions test, getting P0430 Cat Bank 2 codes and the left side rear resonator is blocked. So, I have played around with it a little and replaced a sensor, played with spacers, etc however, the exhaust had the fiberglass coming out the Left side, etc, etc and the rear muffler is rusted and leaking. So, I need a DIY cheap fix to pass emissions. I though there would have been more Specials with cheap fix posts on here but most seem to be after performance and sound. I think, I will replace the rear muffler and maybe get rid of the L&R rear resonators. I'm not sure if the front resonator/collector is still good and if the right side cat is still good. However, I need to get a OBDII on it to figure that out.

Anyway, after searching through several posts, I have not come across an after market replacement part. Even RockAuto does not list parts for the Special. I guess I will see if there are some Walker parts that will fit. Anyone know of any other brands, part numbers? I did come across someone using a Dynomax 17739 muffler.
 #365112  by paintballdude05
 February 21st, 2017, 12:55 pm
Nothing aftermarket, as far as I know, will be a direct replacement. The closest thing would be the parts for the base M but that would mean a conversion over to single outlet exhaust and a bit of fab. I've had to replace the muffler on a special in the past. The easiest thing to do was to just cut it out a replace it with a Y pipe.
 #365146  by Sneke_Eyez
 February 22nd, 2017, 9:32 am
I have recently been talking to a former member here who had a Camaro muffler put in to replace his stock M muffler. A stock V6 Camaro muffler may be an option.
I have a Flowmaster muffler that should go on a Camaro on my Intrepid, but that's not quite what you want (it's loud).
 #365161  by 300maximilien
 February 22nd, 2017, 9:46 pm
This is the muffler many have used as a replacement.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #365162  by 300maximilien
 February 22nd, 2017, 9:47 pm
Also, the work around for the cat codes is to install anti foulers. There are a couple write ups around IIRC.
 #365198  by WLDock
 February 23rd, 2017, 7:36 pm
I tried the foulers previously but will see what the scanner shows. I may have to look into the MagnaFlow.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk