• This is the place for off-topic discussions
Carlisle Chrysler Nationals

Membership Banner

This is the place for off-topic discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#390016  by FIREM

If only I had a four car garage........
https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2004-chrysler-300-2/
Price is INSANE but it is a time capsule.
 #390017  by Sneke_Eyez

I have been watching this (I commented on it on one of first days it was listed).
I was hoping to get it posted here but haven't had access to the forums easily in the last week or so.
I am impressed by the current bid, apparently these cars really are going up in value.
Hopefully the new owner joins us here!
 #390019  by LUNAT1C

It's indeed encouraging to see clean examples of these cars commanding such a price, though I wonder how that will be one year from now, assuming the shortages are sorted out and people are no longer clamoring for used cars when new cars are no longer unobtainium and factories are running normally again. Spoiler alert: the whole situation from my perspective in the industry has been aggravating and I don't even work in production.

There's still a hefty disconnect from selling prices and KBB. KBB says mine is worth 2500, yet when we sold the black car I was seeing dealer listings frequently over $5k for similar mileage cars. Hopefully whomever buys this one plans on replacing the tires and timing belt right away, I guarantee both are factory original and the seller will brag about it as if that's a good thing, and refuse to do it.
 #390021  by FIREM

Sneke_Eyez wrote: January 17th, 2022, 11:44 am I have been watching this (I commented on it on one of first days it was listed).
I was hoping to get it posted here but haven't had access to the forums easily in the last week or so.
I am impressed by the current bid, apparently these cars really are going up in value.
Hopefully the new owner joins us here!
I saw your comment Ryan. There have also been two bids from our newest member of the club.
His "New Member Packet" has just been mailed and he is looking for a 300M. Not sure he will get this one but wow $$$$$$
 #390026  by monte4

The ad says it sold for $17,250 :shock:
 #390033  by FIREM

Has to be the lowest mile, most original, perfectly preserved M on the planet!!!
Sale price plus fees and transport going to need some special insurance coverage for this gem.
Timing belt, tires and fresh fluids and go.
 #390035  by M-Pressive

Throw some Hagerty collector car insurance on it for agreed value and call it a day.

I watched it but we do not need another M in this house.

Great example of what is probably the most original M on the planet though.
 #390038  by LUNAT1C

Definitely needs agreed value insurance, I put $15k on my Special when I had it repainted knowing I would never get that back with standard insurance. Only downside is I can't drive it to work or the store (not that I would, but taking it to work on nice days would be nice).
 #390039  by StealthM

WOW....... what else can you say..... Amazing how many people Commented on the car. All positive and still love the body style after all these years.... I guess we all agree...lol
 #390044  by 300GEM

Wow... Amazing all the way around. A true time capsule! Great to read the positive responses about the LH platform. These cars really are worth holding onto!