• What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M
25th Anniversary LH Platform Celebration

Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#378221  by In-trepid
 March 13th, 2019, 3:41 pm
Yes, Steve bought my silver Special which I'll be delivering to him next week and Brian (Mottman) bought the DSB Special. I'm left with the graphite Special unless I find a buyer, my other graphite Special that is waiting for me to put the engine in (for almost 3 years now. It is built and just sitting there), and my black "utility" Intrepid SXT which I'm also trying to sell. Soon I'll also be selling about 8 reconditioned sets of Special headlights (tabs fixed, adjusters working, and crystal clear lenses), about 10 RB1 radios, 3 sets of 18 inch Special wheels, and assorted other parts. My end goal is one 300m Special totally fixed up and slightly modded and either a Challenger or Camaro (and possibly a truck for the winter).
FalKen liked this
 #378258  by adu1982
 March 15th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Working on the Buick a bit every day or so. Not being an lh my interest is not there really. We shall see if it starts and runs on first key like my engine swap on my special.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

#378298  by dcsally97
 March 18th, 2019, 4:15 pm
I found a nice EVIC out of an '02 base. Just finished wiring it in. I kept my EVIC module, so my TPMS would still work. I did have to change the sunroof harness since it is different from my '04. Best thing, I paid $2.99 for the part! The switch works much better. Thank you all.
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #378321  by LUNAT1C
 March 20th, 2019, 9:23 am
The warming trend in the forecast and the two big storms we had within a week of each other that flooded local streets (my Jeep was almost literally fording a river going to the gym a few nights ago) which cleaned away nearly all of the salt has me wondering if I can restore insurance early this year. I'll need to buy a new DSP first since the other one bit the dust and I'd rather replace it than sink another couple hundred into it. Watching eBay and Amazon for deals. I want to put a few miles on it before the car is laid up for annual maintenance, plus some items I put off last year and some new mods.

The most time consuming projects should only take a couple of weekends. Keeping it light this year since we need to focus on reducing, as we're still planning to make a cross-country move within the next 12 months, back home to Florida hopefully.
 #378328  by adu1982
 March 20th, 2019, 5:32 pm
Where to.. . in Florida Robert?

#378372  by LUNAT1C
 March 23rd, 2019, 10:00 am
adu1982 wrote: March 20th, 2019, 5:32 pm Where to.. . in Florida Robert?

Wherever in South Florida I can find a good job in engineering. Currently considering Melbourne, Merritt Island, perhaps Tampa Bay (not sure I want to go that far from the east coast). If I'm lucky, Palm Beach County, where I can be closer to home and where I was born.
 #378373  by 00R/T
 March 23rd, 2019, 10:09 am
LUNAT1C wrote:

Wherever in South Florida I can find a good job in engineering. Currently considering Melbourne, Merritt Island, perhaps Tampa Bay (not sure I want to go that far from the east coast). If I'm lucky, Palm Beach County, where I can be closer to home and where I was born.
What engineering discipline? You’re on the mechanical side, right? My company just moved more engineering to our Jupiter office. I can keep my eyes open if I have an idea of what you’re looking for.
 #378376  by LUNAT1C
 March 23rd, 2019, 3:17 pm
00R/T wrote: March 23rd, 2019, 10:09 am
LUNAT1C wrote:

What engineering discipline? You’re on the mechanical side, right? My company just moved more engineering to our Jupiter office. I can keep my eyes open if I have an idea of what you’re looking for.
Yep, Mechanical. Jupiter is right in between where I was born and where my family lives, been there many times. If they have openings, I'm listening!
 #378381  by adu1982
 March 24th, 2019, 1:43 am
After a scary run yesterday, got so mad wanted to pull it out of the garage and set it on fire....got the Buick running again. I have some issues , exhaust leak, put freon back in, etc...but today I ran it for about half hour. She runs and wheels spin. I now feel alot better about doing my tranny swap in our LHS.

#378383  by First Lady
 March 24th, 2019, 3:07 pm
Each spring we make a To Do list for the cars...it typically hangs on the inside of the garage door with a marker and we spend all summer crossing things off! Today we made that list. It feels overwhelming right now given each of the 4 cars have a page! I know once you're out there working, some will be easy to cross off (my favorite part!). Here's hoping the warm weather is right around the corner...these lists need it!!

To get started on the list, I took the easiest thing to my car and installed. Testing it out to see how I like it! Stay tuned!
 #378393  by LUNAT1C
 March 24th, 2019, 8:39 pm
First Lady wrote: March 24th, 2019, 3:07 pm Each spring we make a To Do list for the cars...it typically hangs on the inside of the garage door with a marker and we spend all summer crossing things off! Today we made that list. It feels overwhelming right now given each of the 4 cars have a page! I know once you're out there working, some will be easy to cross off (my favorite part!). Here's hoping the warm weather is right around the corner...these lists need it!!

To get started on the list, I took the easiest thing to my car and installed. Testing it out to see how I like it! Stay tuned!
I need to do that. Usually I do it in my phone, but having it in the garage might make it more visible.

There's a designer for Chrysler that hangs out with the local Mopar contingent from time to time with a 1970 Challenger. The hood is painted primer black, and he writes on it the list of things the car needs. I always thought that was neat... But I'm not writing on my hood. :lol:
 #378436  by adu1982
 March 27th, 2019, 1:34 am
Well took the Buick for a test drive....and she drives. Gotta put a new exhaust gasket on (the old one must not seat right cause you can smell it, hear it and see exhaust gasses behind the engine), bleed the brakes, and put the wipers, hood, front bumper, and some small stuff back and she might be alright again (knowing the Rdvz probably not too long).

Maybe in a week or so I can finally start wrenchin' on the cars I love and projects around the house...yupee.....

I guess now I have not just an engine swap under my belt, but also transmission swap.

#378441  by beespecial
 March 27th, 2019, 7:55 am
Forecast to be a sunny day today so I drove the M to work. It's been a few weeks since it was last out. After driving the truck all that time, the M felt like I was driving a sports car. Lower to the ground and a LOT more response on the throttle. I still love this car.
Sneke_Eyez, M-Pressive, dcsally97 and 2 others liked this
 #378443  by LUNAT1C
 March 27th, 2019, 10:10 am
beespecial wrote: March 27th, 2019, 7:55 am Forecast to be a sunny day today so I drove the M to work. It's been a few weeks since it was last out. After driving the truck all that time, the M felt like I was driving a sports car. Lower to the ground and a LOT more response on the throttle. I still love this car.
I'd love to take my M to work from time to time (beautiful here as well today), but that would mean driving on the highway that has a propensity to fling rocks, stones, salt rocks, gravel, and bits of the road at every vehicle... not to mention seeing a newer Lincoln this morning with its rear fascia flapping in the wind, ready to break... that or take 12 Mile Road all the way, which is easily twice as long even though it's a straight shot from the house to the office. 12 Mile is our little city's downtown and my office park butts up to it three towns over.

Only have taken it to work a few times. A few days after Carlisle when Nick had my Jeep at his parent's house for an extended vacation, and once when I took some parts to a body shop for paint so they could look at the original paint on the car and confirm paint code (took US 23 instead of the Detroit autobahn!)

Sigh. Can't wait for the day when I can easily drive it to work again on random nice days.
 #378445  by Sneke_Eyez
 March 27th, 2019, 1:43 pm
Bought some new summer wheels for the Ram, my ultimate unicorn of Ram wheels, the Laramie Limited accessory wheels.
Brand new takeoffs. :woot

Best part was the price: About 1/3-1/2 the going rate.

So now I've got new summer 20s for the Ram and the Special.

Going to be a good summer!
beespecial liked this