Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Intake spacer

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#382152  by dcsally97
 February 3rd, 2020, 2:53 pm
I finally got the intake spacer installed this past weekend. It was a bit more work than I anticipated though. Anyway, I am not really feeling any torque gain. In fact, the tires used to squeal if I floored it, now it doesn't. Not sure if I'm missing something or not. The torque gains on the dyno sheet should easily be felt. Any ideas?
 #382155  by In-trepid
 February 3rd, 2020, 3:40 pm
I'm not sure I agree with the torque gains on the dyno sheet as I have a background with small block Chevy engines and a half inch spacer on the intake just doesn't give that kind of torque increase, even on a V-8 engine. It should give you something though you may not feel it as tire squealing power as it would be more apparant in a bit higher RPM range. Possibly ease in passing cars or 60 - 90 MPH time would be a better thing to judge it on.
One plus is that if you need to replace the Cam sensor, you should be able to get it out and a new one in without loosening the plenum.
 #382156  by dcsally97
 February 3rd, 2020, 3:53 pm
That is a good point. I need to tidy the work up a bit. I did some things incorrectly, so I need to go to the PNP. I also saw that the can plates are leaking some oil. Time to replace the seals! I found your post with the p/n's.
 #382166  by beespecial
 February 3rd, 2020, 8:25 pm
With the temps in the mid 60's today I couldn't pass up getting started on some of the projects planned for the car like the spacer. Didn't get finished today (I'm slow) but if I'm not interrupted tomorrow, I should be able to finish the spacer. Still have to cut the braces that attach to the side of the plenum and decide if I want to do the front corners from underneath or over the top of the plenum. In anticpation of doing this mod I grabbed a drivers side brace from the PNP so I could experiment with how to cut it. I'll have to cut the brace on the other side in place because of the way it's attached. Got all seven bolts cut down to a length that shouldn't bottom out. Glad I have a high-speed cutter! It's fun to be twisting wrenches again.
 #382168  by dcsally97
 February 3rd, 2020, 9:26 pm
I recommend the front braces under the plenum for a cleaner look. I need to get some side brackets at the PNP as well as a couple of the nuts from the brace under the MTV. They are the same thread as the upper screws for the corner braces.
 #382171  by hrmwrm
 February 3rd, 2020, 11:49 pm
wouldn't be tire squeling, as even in the dyno it wasn't until about 3000 or so it made the difference.
probably about the same place the srv opens at.
still haven't installed mine, the last one with the grooves and extension pieces for the egr tubes. complete kit with bolts.
and probably won't unless i get an intake leak now.
 #382276  by beespecial
 February 11th, 2020, 4:08 pm
Finally buttoned up this project today. At first impression, with the new intake spacer it seems a little spunkier upon initial acceleration but that may be due to comparing it to the truck that doesn't have the gumption that the M has. The up side is that it started right up and I noticed no vacuum leaks. I hope to give it a better shakedown run tomorrow before the crappy weather moves in later in the day.

While it was apart, I installed the new clear turn signals and buffed the fogs and headlamps. Turns out that the last original unbroken tab on my lights decided to start disintegrating while it was out so that got some reinforcement as well.

On another note, I am sooo ready for some warm weather. I had to drive the M a few weeks ago while the roads were wet and of course I had to put it away dirty. I could take it to the robo-wash but it doesn't do as good a job of washing it as I can. Besides that, I really hate paying for something I can do myself for free.
 #382279  by sparky99
 February 11th, 2020, 8:11 pm
Mine is still sitting in my tool box at work......... Just waiting for a little warmer weather...
 #382284  by Haggis
 February 12th, 2020, 9:35 am
Got the intake spacer replaced and now I’ve got to figure out how to fix a P0113 and P0117 code. I replaced the IAC so I know that’s one of the codes, but the odd thing that happens is that when I floor it, the radiator light comes on and the needle spikes to full overheat. I noticed one of the connections had some bare wires that I thought I had fixed....
 #382285  by Sneke_Eyez
 February 12th, 2020, 11:02 am
Mine should hopefully go into my new Special this weekend as part of a bunch of work I need to do.
Hoping for decent weather - I have Monday off so there is potential for me to get a lot of work done.
 #382287  by beespecial
 February 12th, 2020, 2:37 pm
Sitting in the car waiting to pick up my granddaughter from school as I type this. Before coming here, I took a side trip on the freeway as a shakedown and so far I have encountered no adverse issues. The car seems to have more pep so I am pleased with it.
First Lady, StealthM liked this
 #382293  by M-Pressive
 February 12th, 2020, 7:18 pm
I bought one for the black special.

Going to install in the spring. We have them in both other cars already.
 #382295  by LUNAT1C
 February 13th, 2020, 10:22 am
I have the "V3" spacer from Ryan's run that I picked up at his parent's house on a trip to see family in the area. Tire squealing... I do have that, but I wouldn't expect it as a direct result from the spacer. Where I notice it is highway passing. The car is very eager to from 40-80+. On a run from a meet location in Fraser to our usual spot on Woodward Ave with a bunch of folks from the local mopar group, mostly Hemi guys and a Viper, folks were impressed my little old Special kept pace with ease (and many of them were using as many horses as they could).

I didn't do triple digits like some of them, because I like my license being point-less, but the responsible ones who hung back were shocked that I wasn't dusted.

I ordered another from Bob's run. Not sure what to do with it yet. Might go in the black car. Might just stay in a box on the shelf in case I need it and in case we decide the sell the black car.
beespecial liked this