Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Special Mirrors on a Base 99 M

• General Discussions about the 300M
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M

Moderator: Moderators

#383075  by sdugasjr
 March 26th, 2020, 4:45 pm
Could I get away with putting the Special's turn signal mirrors in my 99 M? Or would I need a new harness or have to make some modifications?
 #383082  by 2001Intrepid18
 March 26th, 2020, 6:11 pm
sdugasjr wrote: March 26th, 2020, 4:45 pm Could I get away with putting the Special's turn signal mirrors in my 99 M? Or would I need a new harness or have to make some modifications?
With your M being a 99 you’d have to run an extra wire from the mirror to the harness under your floor for each mirror. I ran the wires in my Intrepid but never had the chance to install them. Took about an hour per side
 #383084  by sparky99
 March 26th, 2020, 7:07 pm
it all depends on which functions you want to work. I had Special mirrors on my 99 base that was converted to special. I had the auto dimming driver mirror too. I had every function working. I ended up adding 3 wires through the door harness and 1 wire through the passenger harness.
I pulled the doors off and gave myself the space to run the wires through the door jam connector. there are empty terminals that allow you to fit smaller gauge wires through them. Then i bolted the doors back on. (actually did this in the Hotel parking lot at Carlisle one year.) Justin was a HUGE help doing this. I ended up hooking the wiring to my Uconnect mirror so that the rear view mirror and the driver side mirror did the "auto dimming" at the same time/same speed.

I may still have the adapter harnesses i made for the mirrors to be plug and play with the original door harnesses. Then you'd still have to run the 3 wires on the driver side, and 1 wire on the passenger side.
 #383088  by FIREM
 March 26th, 2020, 8:01 pm
 #383129  by sdugasjr
 March 28th, 2020, 5:54 pm
sparky99 wrote:it all depends on which functions you want to work. I had Special mirrors on my 99 base that was converted to special. I had the auto dimming driver mirror too. I had every function working. I ended up adding 3 wires through the door harness and 1 wire through the passenger harness.
I pulled the doors off and gave myself the space to run the wires through the door jam connector. there are empty terminals that allow you to fit smaller gauge wires through them. Then i bolted the doors back on. (actually did this in the Hotel parking lot at Carlisle one year.) Justin was a HUGE help doing this. I ended up hooking the wiring to my Uconnect mirror so that the rear view mirror and the driver side mirror did the "auto dimming" at the same time/same speed.

I may still have the adapter harnesses i made for the mirrors to be plug and play with the original door harnesses. Then you'd still have to run the 3 wires on the driver side, and 1 wire on the passenger side.
I’m really just looking for the turn signal functionality, but the auto dimming drivers mirror seems like another nice feature to have
 #383133  by sparky99
 March 28th, 2020, 6:55 pm
sdugasjr wrote: March 28th, 2020, 5:54 pm
sparky99 wrote:it all depends on which functions you want to work. I had Special mirrors on my 99 base that was converted to special. I had the auto dimming driver mirror too. I had every function working. I ended up adding 3 wires through the door harness and 1 wire through the passenger harness.

I’m really just looking for the turn signal functionality, but the auto dimming drivers mirror seems like another nice feature to have
you already have to run one wire, might as well run the other two. That way you can connect the mirrors.