Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • What did you do to your car today?

• General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs

Moderator: Moderators

#394206  by Sneke_Eyez

Oh I really like that console in there. I've had something similar in mind if I were ever to do the conversion in my Intrepid.
 #394225  by LUNAT1C

I went to Joann Fabrics on a whim, just to see what they might've had for materials, and brought with me a cutting of the original Light Taupe vinyl from an old side panel.

Turns out they had a slightly stretchable marine vinyl called "Flagstone" that is the closest I've seen to Light Taupe. It's not perfect, but I think it will work for this project.

Side panels fabbed up and wrapped, temporarily installed with the cut wood bezel recolored (used to be camel, and trashed).

This will do for the Woodward Dream Show on Friday. Still need to work on a top plate in front of the bezel, figure out what to do with the absent shifter hole, and figure out if I can trim the vent bezel on the front console to get a seamless appearance, and make brackets for the side panels.

I've got some ideas, need to find a fake wood shifter bezel I can cut up and try filling in the indicator hole and make a bin where the shifter would be. We'll see.
PXL_20230813_190840035.jpg
PXL_20230813_200453415.jpg
PXL_20230816_211307870.jpg
PXL_20230817_034811800.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
charliebues, monte4, Sneke_Eyez and 3 others liked this
 #394226  by LUNAT1C

Woodward Dream Show! Interestingly, they're using QR codes for People's Choice voting.
PXL_20230818_145843058.jpg
PXL_20230818_145758790.jpg
PXL_20230818_184542937.jpg
PXL_20230818_184632301.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
First Lady, StealthM liked this
 #394227  by Sneke_Eyez

That material looks pretty darn close, Robert, I am a fan! Good luck at the show!
 #394275  by First Lady

Keith installed a new canister on my gas tank yesterday to finally get rid of the check engine line that's been on my dash in the humidity. We had the gas tank with only 4 miles to empty and made it rather easy to manhandle under the car. My tank straps, though they had been replaced when we first got the car, weren't great having had a few winters so we replaced them as well. All in all the project went smoothly!!
 #394277  by charliebues

I dropped off my LHS at Mikey's dealership yesterday to have mainly the brake lines/hoses and subframe bushings replaced. The bushings were hopefully the source of a clunking noise, I had previously replaced control arms, strut rods, tie rods, and sway bar bushings and the noise was still there. Mikey also found the previous owner used compression fittings on the brake lines, which is definitely as big no-no. The lines are still rusty and leaking. Inline Tubes sell a full line replacement kit for ~$180. Aiming to replace the pads, rotors and shoes next week as the previous owner just pad slapped to call it good.
Sneke_Eyez, TrepKing95 liked this
 #394306  by M-Pressive

Finally pulled the show car out of the trailer. Been in there since Carlisle. Removed the transmission I bought from Ryan at Carlisle as well.

Pulled it into the garage and got to work on polishing the lips on the wheels. They have been bothering me for quite some time. Deep water spots on them and some surface scratches.

Took them off one by one and polished them with a drill and metal polish. They came out pretty amazing. Cleaned the back sides of them as well and the wheel wells.

Put them back on with new lugs that had been sitting since before Carlisle as well. Torqued them and now we are getting ready to pull the car back into the trailer for a show this coming weekend at an airport.

We also removed the Carlisle sticker.
IMG_6042.jpeg
IMG_6043.jpeg
 #394333  by charliebues

Technically I did it two days ago, oh well. Front brakes on the LHS were replaced after getting it back from the dealer. Brake lines and subframe bushings are brand new thanks to trepking. In his infinite wisdom, the previous owner pad slapped all around the car and I was left to fix his "repairs". Which seems to be a running joke, I guess :eek Either way, only fiveish weeks left until Myrtle Beach. Looking forward to seeing everyone again!
 #394335  by adu1982

Went by 1 yard (the one I grabbed the sensors off) and since the 01 300M had only 130k on it grabbed some more stuff from the top of the engine since all my stuff is OEM with 255k. I might have replaced some or all my injectors with lower miles at some point but cant remember and it's not in my car app. Could only grab 4. Two would just not come out and pulling with pliers messed up the top end of them...Should have some spray I guess.
As a side note the idle is almost perfect and it hasn't stopped , knocking on the wood trim now.

Thinking it was maybe me cleaning the idle control and throttle with throttle body cleaner and not let it dry all the way..... will see.

However it never stops....now when accelerating and , especially turning left I get loud rattle , banging so nose got to go up.... I think I might have sensed it before the whole cam sensor/pcm mess but can't remember...

Since the wife ain't even up going by the other yard just for a quick browsing too.

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk

#394336  by adu1982

Second visit was a total bust cause of my dumb (CENSORED). Left my tool bag (which I have done before for much longer time) that had few tools but did have my battery rachet and my DeWalt impact driver at a Concorde and went to check two other M's .. .
Fast forward 10 min later and somebody stole it... checked upfront and at all the cars but obviously in today's world people have no shame....
Guess is time for new tools today to drown my sorrows......

Sent from my motorola one 5G ace using Tapatalk
 #394353  by In-trepid

Back at Carlisle, my gray Special developed a clunk from the rear suspension. Michael and I took it for a drive around the fairgrounds on Sunday with him in the back seat listening to where the clunk was coming from. He determined it was driver's side and it sounded to both of us like a rear strut mount. Upon getting home from Carlisle and taking care of my tire issue first, I ordered a rear strut mount. Over the next month and a half, I didn't drive the car as I was spending time working on my black Special, my wife's Special, and my utility car Impala. Today, I finally got to the gray Special. Jacked the car up in the back, put it on jack stands and began to take the driver's side strut assembly out as I didn't notice anything obviously wrong. My first thing to do was to remove the sway bar end link and then I found the issue. A somewhat messed up end link bushing. Just prior to Carlisle, I replaced the one on the passenger side. This one was in a bit rougher shape! Since I didn't have a replacement part with me, I just removed the end link. Put the tires back on and took it for a drive. Noise gone! Easy fix for tomorrow.

#394356  by Sneke_Eyez

Well that's much easier to fix than a strut mount, John! Good find!
 #394521  by First Lady

Took Mpressive on a weekend away in Charlotte, NC for a few shows. Saturday at Cars and Candy with StealthM and inside at slammedenuff. Really different shows and fun to be out at. Cars looked great!! Surprised to take home Best Interior at Cars and Candy. Super cool setup at the convention center with Slammedenuff. Exciting to see the interest in the car and fun to watch reactions to it all.

Sneke_Eyez, monte4 liked this
 #394575  by First Lady

Gave my car a wash in preparation for the calendar picture tomorrow! Continue to be so honored to be the cover shot for next year.
sparky99, Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #394617  by FIREM

Affirmed my Love for the 300M ride and comfort.
Unscheduled road trip to NJ today.
Wheels up Myrtle Beach SC 0630 prior to sunrise.
Feet Up 1730. (5:30pm) North Brunswick NJ post sunset
Wish the chair I’m sitting in right now was as comfortable as the drivers seat.
 #394705  by Sneke_Eyez

My Special has just been serving me well as a daily driver. Given my daughter and work demands, I haven't had much time to work on it, but it needs swaybar endlinks. This time I am going ACDelco. Hoping this weekend to possibly wash it, as it is filthy. We'll see!
 #394934  by M-Pressive

We messed with the brake fluid on John’s special today.

Replaced as much as we could as we bled the system.

Came out looking like honey. The pedal had been super soft, new fluid and bleeding it seemed to solve the issue.

We will be driving the car for the next few weeks as we continue to work on Lindsey’s.
 #394944  by TrepKing95

Took my 300M in on Saturday for VA Safety Inspection and a checkover while on the lift. Still seeing a major leak from the transmission that's keeping me from daily driver status. Glad to see that my Oil Pan replacement fixed the suspected rear main seal leak. Turned out the 2 bolts at the back of the pan either worked loose, (or more likely weren't tightened in the chaos that was replacing that engine). Otherwise no issues that failed the Inspection, so now I have my gaudy highlighter yellow sticker that the state decided on this year!

Sunday I went to re-arrange cars after a major downpour overnight and found my driver footwell doing an impression of a swimming pool. I'm sure I looked great steam-vac-ing the carpets in the rain! Consulted with Bob and it looks like I had the same windshield side moulding water leak as YardleyBill did over a decade and a half ago. I cleaned up as much as possible on the driver side, but the passenger side is top priority when the weather improves!
 #394951  by LUNAT1C

TrepKing95 wrote: January 29th, 2024, 7:09 pm so now I have my gaudy highlighter yellow sticker that the state decided on this year!
Don'cha just love the states' aptitude for selecting garish colors, or colors that just don't look good on anything but a select few cars?

Michigan SOS has graced us with bright orange registration stickers for our license plates, which themselves are blue and white if you have the standard plate like I do (the older style from 04-12). Great choice if you have an orange car, or chose orange as your accent color (perfect for the First Lady's Special!). Not so much on any of our cars. It's on the Jeep and Durango now, and the paperwork is sitting on the car cover over the trunk now for the M, waiting for me to not be lazy and pull up the cover so I can remove the plate and swap the sticker. Not really a rush item given 4" of snow fell today. :lol:
 #394974  by FIREM

Yard trip today to stock up on some stuff (having cruise control issues more later) and a DI Net guy desperately needs a shift cable.
Almost $hit myself. 02 Concord (cable donor) Dark Slate interior was verrrry nice. Dash, could this be true……. FIREM inspection revealed 1/2” crack starting over air bag. 💩
Could have been a spare dash and Keith’s harness all in one.