Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Does your 300m sound a continuous chime if you don't wear your seatbelt?

• General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs

Moderator: Moderators

#394618  by MoPar~Guy

Just wondering if there's a difference between US and Canadian 300m's in that regard. One of the things I like about the M is that I can sling my belt over my shoulder while driving and the car doesn't complain. Just a little red seatbelt light on the dash.
 #394619  by FIREM

Chime switch in the retractor, light switch in the latch.
Over the shoulder method will likely cause a headache complaint in the event of a crash. Air bag would probably drive one’s head up to the header above the windshield rather than thru it. Either way the windshield will be broken.
Seat Belts Save Lives…… when used as properly designed.
HFK liked this
 #394620  by MoPar~Guy

The vast majority of my driving is city, at 30 mph or less, lots of stop signs and lights. My daily "commute" is literally 1 mile, 2 stop signs and 1 traffic light. I'll put the belt on if I'm on the highway, other than that I'll just sling it over my shoulder to satisfy any cops that might be around.

But my question remains, - do US M's sound a continuous tone while driving (like every "modern" car does today, even front passenger) if the belt clasp wasn't engaged? Because none of my M's do that. My '01 Ram doesn't do it either.
 #394621  by LUNAT1C

It's extremely rare that I don't wear my seatbelt, pretty much only when maneuvering it around the block. It doesn't chime then like my Jeep and Durango will if I don't put it on from the mailbox to the house.

To each their own, but even 1 mile under 30mph through two stop signs is good enough reason to wear it, costs me nothing. All it takes is one person blowing one of those stop signs or crossing the center line to make it matter.
TrepKing95, HFK liked this
 #394737  by AndrewLane

Mine doesn't have a continuous chime, just the light on the dash, but I imagine there's a sequence that you go through to turn the chime on or off. Something like turning the key on and off a certain number of times and buckling and unbuckling the belt.

Just googled it, here you go...
Screenshot_20240102-235752.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #394738  by LUNAT1C

AndrewLane wrote: January 2nd, 2024, 11:58 pm Mine doesn't have a continuous chime, just the light on the dash, but I imagine there's a sequence that you go through to turn the chime on or off. Something like turning the key on and off a certain number of times and buckling and unbuckling the belt.

Just googled it, here you go... Screenshot_20240102-235752.png
That's for the later 300 and 300C models, different systems.