Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Spring is here.

• General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs

Moderator: Moderators

#395447  by StealthM

Howdy gang. Spring is right around the corner. Time to get our M's outta hibernation and into the warm sunshine. What's your yearly springtime prep? Let us know..
TrepKing95 liked this
 #395449  by FIREM

I need for special spring wake up.
Regular Sunday “go to meetin” car and regular Tuesday “Trivia’ driver.
No hibernation wake up needed.
Drive= Love
StealthM liked this
 #395450  by LUNAT1C

Spring...? Like, the season? Where?! Because it ran away again. 48deg and very windy today. Might be warm enough Sunday to go for the first drive of the year, 70deg.
StealthM liked this
 #395451  by TrepKing95

I'm definitely overdue for a wash again! Need to do a "Strip Wash" to get rid of what's left of the Ceramic Spray coating I applied in 2021, follow that up with a claybar and some light polishing to bring back my "Slate Pearl" back to "Deep Slate Pearl"
StealthM liked this
 #395453  by KxWarrior

Needs a good scrubbing, motor mounts round 2, fuel tank straps, fuel filler neck, maybe a brake booster if I can swing it... and put the interior back together
StealthM liked this
 #395457  by StealthM

Sorry to hear that Robert. Rained all day yesterday, 74 today and sunny. Mid to high 80s all next week. Yeah spring is here in the south.
 #395474  by First Lady

As of late, we believe our plan to be:
- don’t drive from mid February to mid April due to pollen
- continue regular monthly washing or as needed
- address any maintenance needed
- buff/wax coat (Keith always has his fingers on the pulse of new products so it changes) before it gets too hot and the wax won’t dry
- sunroof open, tunes on, drive, and enjoy the ride!!!
StealthM liked this
 #395497  by LUNAT1C

Jokes aside, late April should see some more consistent higher temperatures around here, mid 60s as the high.

The M will need an oil pan gasket, and finishing up the rear console. I just ordered some odds and ends last night for that and will be experimenting with the heated system system I pulled from a rusty Concorde Limited a couple weekends ago. Later in the season I'm looking into upgrading the 4-channel amp from the cheap one I've had for 13 years.

Jeep just asked for an oil change yesterday, so that's coming up. M will get one with the oil pan gasket change. Durango will get one at some point, just isn't driven enough yet while I'm 80% remote (dropping down to 40% remote in June, the miles will start piling on soon).

The Ford is needy one. New radiator is now in house, looking for that fan. Ordering a bunch of parts soon to catch up maintenance and replace a few things that haven't aged well. I need to find my 0000 steel wool and see if I can save the radiator shell, gascap, and door handles.
 #395520  by Sneke_Eyez

Spring seems to be here, and I'm happier for it! Did a little yard work yesterday (no power tools) while the baby played in her playpen and watched me.
Also, I finally washed the "DD" fleet yesterday, minus the Tahoe. The Volvo, Special, and Ram were filthy. Tahoe needs tons of love in the exterior department, I will get to it someday.
 #395533  by hrmwrm

spring is sprung, the grass has riz, i wonder where dem birdies iz?
isn't that how it goes?
things are a little slower here.
snow is just melting away again today after last night. :D
 #395554  by rustybronco

Contemplated replacing the steering rack bellows on the '03 Special. Might be able to do that job in car.

Yesterday I replaced the fuel line that goes to the fuel rail? on the '02. 5/16" high pressure fuel hose, two o-rings and two Tridon hose clamps. Done and dusted. Saved a few bucks on that one. Today was putting on the boats outdrive, Didn't win on that one. Eh, third try is a charm they say. Tomorrow is the third attempt. It isn't a hard job unless you are 70, have three herniated discs and keeping the the shifter in alignment works against you.
 #395558  by TrepKing95

rustybronco wrote: April 19th, 2024, 5:14 pm Contemplated replacing the steering rack bellows on the '03 Special. Might be able to do that job in car.

Yesterday I replaced the fuel line that goes to the fuel rail? on the '02. 5/16" high pressure fuel hose, two o-rings and two Tridon hose clamps. Done and dusted. Saved a few bucks on that one. Today was putting on the boats outdrive, Didn't win on that one. Eh, third try is a charm they say. Tomorrow is the third attempt. It isn't a hard job unless you are 70, have three herniated discs and keeping the the shifter in alignment works against you.
Tridon clamps are not recommended for fuel line repair because they chew into the hose... I would recommend looking into Fuel Injection style hose clamps; they clamp tighter without damaging the hose.
 #395559  by rustybronco

Have a few of those band style fuel line clamps as well. The Tridons have service me well since the '70's. You just don't crank down on them hard enough to cut into the fuel line.