Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Ac compressor Brand?

• General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs
Membership Banner

General Discussions about the 300M and other LHs

Moderator: Moderators

#395807  by Stevelaz

I'm replacing my ac compressor, any recommendations on what brand i should get. Probably get from rock auto, there are a few different ones on there. Thanks! Quick replies would be appreciated since id like to get this ordered tonight!
 #395808  by M-Pressive

Just put a denso in Lindsey car.

I like it because I don’t have to splice the plug in. It comes with the right oem plug.
 #395809  by M-Pressive

4710265 is the part number
 #395810  by Stevelaz

Great, so i guess it installed pretty easily ? did you have any issues with the manifold... it says in the description, "May require use of OE Manifold".. Hard to believe the price difference in all them.
 #395811  by M-Pressive

You need to reuse the manifold off your current compressor. Hard part is getting the manifold off. I would start it while it is still mounted in the car.

The rest is easy. Buy a new drier as well. It should be replaced at the same time. They sell a kit with all the seals in it as well. Buy that. Comes with the manifold seal and o rings for the hoses you have to disconnect.

I went with four seasons for the drier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #395812  by Stevelaz

The compressor says it come with the o rings, are there going to be others i will need to? I will get the dryer... For 7 bucks that a no brainer...lol
 #395813  by M-Pressive

I don’t like the seals it comes with. I prefer a fresh bag.

Your call though.
 #395814  by M-Pressive

RS2518 UAC for the seals.
 #395815  by Stevelaz

Thanks, getting them ordered now!
 #395816  by M-Pressive

Happy to help!
 #395820  by LUNAT1C

If I remember right Denso was the OE supplier, so that is what I would use if I needed a replacement compressor.

Just an FYI, some compressor manufacturers will void their warranty if the condenser, EVAP, drier aren't all replaced as well. The reason is if there was internal failure then there could be debris in the system that would cause premature failure of the replacement unit.

Kind of a pain for us since the EVAP is a bear to get to. I see you're already replacing the drier as well, condenser isn't much extra work, but up to you. Something to be aware of, not sure if Denso has that restriction like others do.
 #395825  by Stevelaz

M-Pressive wrote: May 23rd, 2024, 5:51 pm You need to reuse the manifold off your current compressor. Hard part is getting the manifold off. I would start it while it is still mounted in the car.

The rest is easy. Buy a new drier as well. It should be replaced at the
same time. They sell a kit with all the seals in it as well. Buy that. Comes with the manifold seal and o rings for the hoses you have to disconnect.

I went with four seasons for the drier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just wondering, Is it possible to take the manifold off before taking the compressor off and put manifold on new one without disconnecting the lines?
 #395826  by M-Pressive

If I remember correctly the plenum is in the way of getting one of the bolts off that holds the manifold down.

It may be possible but I have never tried it.
 #395828  by Stevelaz

Ok, next question. Whats the best way to replace the drier with it being tucked under the cowl like it is?
 #395829  by FIREM

Remove the wipers, plastic trim covers, strut tower brace and you are in! Air cleaner box and tube also make access easier.
 #395831  by rustybronco

The lines are held down by two straps. You will need to remove those in order to move the lines. The lines tend to corrode under the straps.
 #395832  by M-Pressive

rustybronco wrote:The lines are held down by two straps. You will need to remove those in order to move the lines. The lines tend to corrode under the straps.
I disagree with disturbing those lines.

You do not need to remove the straps or move the lines that far.

I would not touch anything other than the connections to the manifold and drier.
 #395833  by Stevelaz

Yes, i do know to remove the wipers and cowl panels but the drier is still tucked pretty good under part of the cowl you cannot remove. The drier is slid inside a black plastic bracket. One line on the drier goes all the way to the condenser in front. The other shorter line swings around and connects to what i believe is the expansion valve on the firewall. Looks to me like that line may also need to be disconnected?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
 #395834  by M-Pressive

Just remove the two bolts holding the lines to the drier.

The far back one stays in the hole on the line.

Then remove the bolt that holds the plastic sleeve to the car and use a pry tool to pop the plastic bracket off the shock tower.

Work it out and hammer the old drier out of the plastic bracket. Assemble in reverse order.

I would not mess with the expansion valve.

I just did this a week ago and didn’t need to.
 #395835  by Stevelaz

Great, thanks ! Oh, are there o rings that should be replaced for the drier? Nevermind, i see they give 2 small o rings with the drier!😊
FIREM liked this