Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Complete Suspension Replacement Parts List

• Discussions on suspension & steering repairs or upgrades.
Ocean City 2019 Banner

Membership Banner

Discussions on suspension & steering repairs or upgrades.

Moderator: Moderators

#380656  by dcsally97
 September 10th, 2019, 6:49 pm
Mine is a base with KYB's. I'm very happy with them.
 #380665  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 11th, 2019, 11:07 am
KYBs are the only struts I would consider, honestly.
LUNAT1C liked this
 #380667  by LUNAT1C
 September 11th, 2019, 1:01 pm
Another thought I'm having... is it worthwhile to get another set of front mounts and bearings now and keep in a box in the basement for when I might need them 5-10 years from now... or do they have an expiration date... such as the grease drying up in the bearings. I question how much longer OEM replacement will be available given the rate of OEM parts being discontinued. Rather not be caught with my pants down, and rather not spend the money and find out they're junk when I do end up needing them. 34,000 on the front strut mounts now, and about 5000 miles added each year.
 #380668  by adu1982
 September 11th, 2019, 3:42 pm
I've been thinking about that two for the LHS (a set to have) and a set to just do them. It still rides great (Florida car) but I'm wondering if it will feel different if I do them with kybș.....the aftermarket quality is what stoped me from doing them till now . The base (my lowest miles) being a PA car actually feels like it might need them, ride wise (no sounds) but since I don't plan on keeping it much longer....it is not on my time schedule anyways.

Been thinking about them.for the LHS for a while just don't wanna put the work to end up with any clunks a few months in and a rough ride. One of the main reasons I love the LHS over the special.in long drives it just floats unlike my special that feels ruff , more like a sports , stiff suspension.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

#380683  by Sneke_Eyez
 September 12th, 2019, 1:44 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:01 pm Another thought I'm having... is it worthwhile to get another set of front mounts and bearings now and keep in a box in the basement for when I might need them 5-10 years from now... or do they have an expiration date... such as the grease drying up in the bearings. I question how much longer OEM replacement will be available given the rate of OEM parts being discontinued. Rather not be caught with my pants down, and rather not spend the money and find out they're junk when I do end up needing them. 34,000 on the front strut mounts now, and about 5000 miles added each year.
It is always a thought.
I can't see the grease in the bearings going bad as long as they are kept in proper storage conditions.
Plus, you could always re-grease them.

For me, I could see buying the mounts and bearings for the Intrepid, which I do plan to keep forever, but I can't see myself keeping the Special long enough to need to do the mounts again, as I have to expect they've got at least another 100k in them and at least another 10 years.
 #380685  by LUNAT1C
 September 12th, 2019, 2:00 pm
Sneke_Eyez wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:44 pm
LUNAT1C wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:01 pm Another thought I'm having... is it worthwhile to get another set of front mounts and bearings now and keep in a box in the basement for when I might need them 5-10 years from now... or do they have an expiration date... such as the grease drying up in the bearings. I question how much longer OEM replacement will be available given the rate of OEM parts being discontinued. Rather not be caught with my pants down, and rather not spend the money and find out they're junk when I do end up needing them. 34,000 on the front strut mounts now, and about 5000 miles added each year.
It is always a thought.
I can't see the grease in the bearings going bad as long as they are kept in proper storage conditions.
Plus, you could always re-grease them.

For me, I could see buying the mounts and bearings for the Intrepid, which I do plan to keep forever, but I can't see myself keeping the Special long enough to need to do the mounts again, as I have to expect they've got at least another 100k in them and at least another 10 years.
Right. My thinking is along the lines of my Special, which will burn to the ground before I take my name off the title. Hence the basement full of spare parts that I still need to go through and shrink...
 #380703  by In-trepid
 September 13th, 2019, 12:59 pm
adu1982 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:42 pm One of the main reasons I love the LHS over the special.in long drives it just floats unlike my special that feels ruff , more like a sports , stiff suspension.
I had a Concorde for a company car in 2002. I had to get rid of it and get an Intrepid. It felt like a boat on the highway. I need a bit more road feel than that.
 #380704  by adu1982
 September 13th, 2019, 1:25 pm
In-trepid wrote:
adu1982 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 3:42 pm One of the main reasons I love the LHS over the special.in long drives it just floats unlike my special that feels ruff , more like a sports , stiff suspension.
I had a Concorde for a company car in 2002. I had to get rid of it and get an Intrepid. It felt like a boat on the highway. I need a bit more road feel than that.
That's why I love it compared to my special.....(now the base kinda feels like a boat not by design though, but I think that the PA roads killed it more then my fl cars, it has way way less miles but it rides worse than both).... We're pretty pothole free here....Image

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk