Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Suicide Doors

• Wanna Shave your Door Handles, customize emblems?
Membership Banner

Wanna Shave your Door Handles, customize emblems?

Moderator: Moderators

#285284  by Tarheel

[quote="SMIDDY3714"In response to tarheel, I think you have the wrong member...I didnt replace my timing belt/water pump. [/quote]

Then possibly you should save your money for a new motor.
 #285286  by TrueBlue

Hell yes, they're cool.
 #285292  by InfernoLime

tarheel wrote:[quote="SMIDDY3714"In response to tarheel, I think you have the wrong member...I didnt replace my timing belt/water pump.
Then possibly you should save your money for a new motor.[/quote]

I lol'ed
 #285293  by 300maximilien

tarheel wrote:
SMIDDY3714 wrote: In response to tarheel, I think you have the wrong member...I didnt replace my timing belt/water pump.
Then possibly you should save your money for a new motor.
What Frank is trying to say (albeit sarcastically) is that at 7 years/100,000 miles your car was/is due for a major servicing that involves replacing the water pump/timing belt/timing belt tensioner pulley at a minimum.
 #285303  by Tarheel

Exactly.
 #285304  by Tarheel

TrueBlue wrote:Image

Hell yes, they're cool.

Very nice indeed but I would never get away with this post. :?
 #285306  by Maximus

You spent $2500 on doors for a car worth $4000. To each his own. I need my money to keep it running.
 #285312  by JTROANOKE

TrueBlue wrote:Image
I don't think anyone would notice what kind of doors she was getting out of! With her sitting in the car, I think no doors would be a viable option
 #285317  by 300maximilien

Is that Lyndsey?? :)
 #285333  by SMIDDY3714

tarheel wrote:[quote="SMIDDY3714"In response to tarheel, I think you have the wrong member...I didnt replace my timing belt/water pump.
Then possibly you should save your money for a new motor.[/quote]

I didnt need to replace them because I didnt have anything wrong with them..I seriously think you are mistaking me for someone. My car is running well.
 #285352  by 300maximilien

SMIDDY3714 wrote:
I didnt need to replace them because I didnt have anything wrong with them..I seriously think you are mistaking me for someone. My car is running well.
Lets take a step back.

Frank is trying to let you know that YOUR CAR is either due/seriously over due for the REQUIRED 100,000 mile service which REQUIRES a new timing belt/water pump/timing belt tensioner pulley at a minimum.

They are service items....not items that need to be wrong.

If they do "go wrong" before being changed you are almost guaranteed serious engine damage due to the engine being of the INTERFERENCE TYPE

Of course this is all moot if this service has been done
 #285376  by Tarheel

Maximus wrote:You spent $2500 on doors for a car worth $4000. To each his own. I need my money to keep it running.
Don't forget the COOL factor. 8) :wink:
 #359197  by TheLastRebel10

What about opposing vertical doors like the Chrysler/Lambo Portofino concept? I'd love to do that in a "money's no object" scenario. Not sure how I feel about not having a structural B pillar in a full size unibody sedan, though.
 #359202  by FIREM

#359220  by Sonicrob

That...doesn't look structurely stable.... Where's the B billar? I only see 1 on the passenger side.
 #359222  by FIREM

Nope both gone. Car did not appear streetable
 #359224  by Sneke_Eyez

Wow, where is that from?

For a second I thought it was the Blue Knight Special, but I remember that having B-Pillars.

There was an Intrepid that had it done with B-Pillars intact - Kenny.
Can't remember his username or if he was even a member of the M-Club.
 #359227  by M-Pressive

That car was from New Jersey. Saw it at a few shows years ago. They drove it on the street and said it was reinforced through the roof and floor to make up for not having the pillar.

It was owned by a body shop and they used it to promote their services.
 #359238  by 00R/T

Sneke_Eyez wrote: There was an Intrepid that had it done with B-Pillars intact - Kenny.
Wow, that's a blast from the past! I wanna say Kenny went by mobbdeep on the Intrepid forums.
 #359259  by Sneke_Eyez

00R/T wrote:
Sneke_Eyez wrote: There was an Intrepid that had it done with B-Pillars intact - Kenny.
Wow, that's a blast from the past! I wanna say Kenny went by mobbdeep on the Intrepid forums.
Mobbdeep! That was it.

Kenny is/was a great guy. Haven't spoken to him in ages.