Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Harbor Freight Settlement

• A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.
Membership Banner

A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.

Moderator: Moderators

#365816  by 00R/T

I know many of us are regular customers of Harbor Freight, so I thought I'd pass this along.

HF has settled a class actions suit regarding their bogus sale prices which are really just the "regular price". If you purchased anything from them between 4/8/11 and 12/15/16, you're eligible to file a claim.

In a nutshell, there's 3 types of claimants. If you have receipts, you can claim 20% (cash refund) or 30% (gift card) of the amount shown on the "you saved" section of your receipt. If you have credit card statements, you can claim 10%(cash) or 12%(gift card) of your total purchase price. If you have neither but did shop there, you can sign an affidavit and claim a $10 gift card.

I don't plan on going super crazy trying to dig up every single purchase I made. But, I was able to quickly find statements showing around $500 in purchases that I intend to submit for a 12% gift card. If you've spent a decent amount of money there, it's probably worth doing.

EDIT: Oops, forgot the link.

http://www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com
M-Pressive liked this
 #365817  by M-Pressive

Wow, I need to go through my receipts.

I know I have a ton of them.

Thanks for posting this!
 #365823  by adu1982

Whutt....me too....bought my trailer and a bunch of other stuff for over 100$ last year.....i need to make some time and look up at least my card statements.
Also i have had inside track once and now again so i get emails of my receipt....forgot about that.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk
 #365824  by LUNAT1C

I have dozens of email receipts, though none say "you saved". Still I'm seeing probably $700+ in the just the ones I skimmed over from the past year and I know I've basically been on a shopping spree since getting a garage in 2014. Gift card here we come...
 #365829  by 300maximilien

Awesome Steve... Thank you for sharing this with us! :thebar
 #365834  by 00R/T

Most of my purchases have been in the past few years since before that the nearest store was pretty far away. I figure I'm probably missing a couple hundred from 2011 to 2013, but I can't remember what card I used the most back then and don't really feel like going through the statements for every card.
 #365845  by 300maximilien

If you call your card companies they can search your history and forward purchase information. At least mine did.
 #365850  by mnitetrain

Whether you are near a HF or not, most online orders can ship for $6.95 except really heavy stuff i.e. generators, tool chests, etc.
 #365851  by adu1982

Yup and for us home mechanics their stuff is more than good enough at a half or more of the price. HF and BJs are the only stores i have ever used coupons in and looked for. I keep a few HF coupons in my wallet phone case. Even handed a few to other shoppers in front of me if they had big item purchases.

#365888  by In-trepid

adu1982 wrote: Even handed a few to other shoppers in front of me if they had big item purchases.
I have done the same thing. I just like to see the look on their face when they save a $20 or $30 with the 20% off coupons. I even had a guy insist that he give me $10 for lunch because I saved him $30. Of course I wouldn't take it. It's a good feeling!
 #365925  by adu1982

Yup i just keep an eye for the mint magazine and the papers with coupons..... Talking about HF i just bought their electric chain saw for 39$. Cut down my first tree this weekend......Tired of all the leaves getting in my special....(aat the hood and wipers).

Worked like a champ even for the trunk of the tree which is much wider than 14 inch (i think thats the chain saw's size).