Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Illuminated Door Sills

• LH Interior Modification Discussions
Membership Banner

LH Interior Modification Discussions

Moderator: Moderators

#382536  by sdugasjr

Hello, I am new to the forums and I am wondering if there is an interior mod out, that has the door sills etched out in "Chrysler" and is illuminated? If there isn't anything like that on the market, then what would I need to go about making this mod myself?
EasyRider300M liked this
 #382537  by EasyRider300M

Do you mean .. door sills?...Lighted custom etched door sills...now that would be a very neat unique mod... Not presently available.
 #382538  by sdugasjr

EasyRider300M wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:29 pm Do you mean .. door sills?...Lighted cutom etched door sills...now that would be a very neat unique mod... Not presently available.
yeah, sorry for the confusion lol i mean door sills
 #382539  by LUNAT1C

Specifically for the M... no such thing as a drop-in unit. The LX 300s do, but I’ve not been able to understand what the dimensions are. I’ve measured the factory sills on my friends 2016 300C and it seems they’re thinner. Not sure I want to spend hundreds of dollars on the prayer that they’ll fit. Best hope I think is to find universal sills that specify the size (larger than ours to cover them up) that can have CHRYSLER cut into them for illumination. Again, not something I’ve been able to find.
 #382540  by sdugasjr

LUNAT1C wrote:Specifically for the M... no such thing as a drop-in unit. The LX 300s do, but I’ve not been able to understand what the dimensions are. I’ve measured the factory sills on my friends 2016 300C and it seems they’re thinner. Not sure I want to spend hundreds of dollars on the prayer that they’ll fit. Best hope I think is to find universal sills that specify the size (larger than ours to cover them up) that can have CHRYSLER cut into them for illumination. Again, not something I’ve been able to find.
Would it be most cost-efficient to find some junk door sills from a junkyard and have some trial runs, rather than hacking into mine right away?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 #382541  by EasyRider300M

One of our members, Keith, is trying to get a mold made for 300M Special plates..but they would not be lighted...making a lighted one..maybe out of clear lucite would be super neat
Katzchen78 liked this
 #382543  by LUNAT1C

sdugasjr wrote: February 28th, 2020, 8:43 pm Would it be most cost-efficient to find some junk door sills from a junkyard and have some trial runs, rather than hacking into mine right away?

That’s something I’ve tried to do whenever I’ve seen a newer 300 n the yard. Unfortunately none have be up-level enough to have door sills to compare to the Ms in the yard.
 #382544  by EasyRider300M

I believe this company would make customized lighted door plates .... check them out here
https://aoonuauto.com/products/customiz ... eb70&_ss=r

Ps: I know nothing about the reputation of this company. I think they are located in Japan.
 #382545  by EasyRider300M

They also make logo casting lights that shine on ground when door is opened
https://aoonuauto.com/collections/led-d ... #gallery-5
I don't know if they have a chryler casting light or if they make custom ones.
 #382548  by sdugasjr

EasyRider300M wrote:They also make logo casting lights that shine on ground when door is opened
https://aoonuauto.com/collections/led-d ... #gallery-5
I don't know if they have a chryler casting light or if they make custom ones.
I could find casting lights on eBay, my dad put them in his ‘11 300C and his ‘08 T&C and they look pretty good. But as for the products on the website they seem pretty universal, rather than vehicle specific, or is it just me? I’ll look more into this but thanks for your guys’ insight on this idea!
 #382549  by EasyRider300M

They do say they do customized sills. But realize that this is a japanese company.. I have no idea of their reputation. I found them by just doing a google search for “ lighted door sills.”
 #382551  by sdugasjr

EasyRider300M wrote:They do say they do customized sills. But realize that this is a japanese company.. I have no idea of their reputation. I found them by just doing a google search for “ lighted door sills.”
Lol okay, I’m sure they are somewhat reputable... maybe

#382584  by Katzchen78

Easyrider, I love those illuminated sills. If they came in purple I would order some!!