Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Different style of harmonic balancer puller tool

• A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.
Membership Banner

A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.

Moderator: Moderators

#385364  by IS300M

I was watching a youtube video where WatchJRGo was doing the timing chains on a 3.6L Camaro and he used this tool and it seemed to work amazingly.

The OEMTOOLS 25264

It fits the 3.5, 3.6, 4.7, 5.7, and 6.1
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/oes- ... make/dodge

Check out the promotional Youtube video from OEMTOOLS

Check out WatchJRGo's video using it starting at 0:57
 #385365  by LUNAT1C

I watched that same video last night and wondered if it might work on multiple cars, it seemed like a GM only tool. I've never taken my balancer off.
 #385367  by FIREM

Our 3.5 Damper has a rather small hole in it (less than 1/2”) Many other dampers use a bolt and large washer to retain them. Pusher Foot on that tool looks to big to pass thru ours.
 #385371  by IS300M

FIREM wrote: August 4th, 2020, 3:45 pm Our 3.5 Damper has a rather small hole in it (less than 1/2”) Many other dampers use a bolt and large washer to retain them. Pusher Foot on that tool looks to big to pass thru ours.
The manufacturer lists is as compatible with the 1993-2010 Chrysler 3.5L.

Our dampener bolt measures M12x1.75x70.0, so I would imagine that you might use the bolt to push against or maybe they supply the rods that come with the Chrysler specific kit.

I reached out to the manufacturer to find out if they have instructions that show how it works on the Chrysler 3.5L
 #385374  by FIREM

That would make sense, a pusher rod would do the trick.
 #385379  by M-Pressive

I would buy one if it works with our cars.

Easier then renting it in the future.
 #385380  by First Lady

LUNAT1C wrote: August 4th, 2020, 3:20 pm I watched that same video last night and wondered if it might work on multiple cars, it seemed like a GM only tool. I've never taken my balancer off.
I almost don't believe you've never taken it off!!!
 #385382  by LUNAT1C

First Lady wrote: August 5th, 2020, 7:03 pm I almost don't believe you've never taken it off!!!
I've yet to have a specific need to. Bob might have taken it off in 2010, I can't recall. The last two belt jobs I was able to sneak the old off and new on. :)
 #385385  by IS300M

I did get a response from the manufacturer, they say it works with the Chrysler 3.5L but they had no specific instructions to provide