Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Ken's 2009 Charger R/T

• Discussions about the 3rd Generation Chrysler/Dodge Sedans, the LX Platform.
Membership Banner

Discussions about the 3rd Generation Chrysler/Dodge Sedans, the LX Platform.

Moderator: Moderators

#395324  by KxWarrior

I need to get better at forums...Lol. I'll make this short and sweet, and add some pictures to it asap. After the Intrepid had a fight with a deer, I was looking for a different car to drive, but couldnt find anything.. Right before COVID happened, I ended up with a 09 Charger, around 135k on the clock. Purchase was pretty straightforward. Was kind of looking for a fun car, but could still daily it if needed. The car, mechanically, didnt seem to need anything. I noticed some touch up spots of paint, but thats for another story... :zzzz

Drove it around a couple months, while gas was super cheap and I was laid off checking out junkyards. Driver side needed a new seat cushion, Gas door had a big scratch in it. So I hopped a few yards as far as Pittsburgh for me, and over to New Jersey, and sourced the parts I needed. Ended up swapping all the bulbs for LEDs that I could, and swapping the front grille, for a few small mods.

Day 1 of Ownership

2020 Chrysler National Hotel Fun :P

#395325  by KxWarrior

Fast Forward a year, and I lose my fuel pump. Also learned there are two fuel pumps in those cars, so thankfully it wasn't the secondary. Fixed that up, and away I went into my next problem. I was having issues with the MDS, where the car when MDS activated, would rock and shudder, and have all sorts of problems. I couldnt ever figure it out for myself, but I had assumed something was wrong with the camshaft. After some research, and realizing it only did it during MDS, I decided to tear it down, and upgrade the camshaft, lifters, and whatever else I could. Found some minor carnage, but, nothing to write home about.

Just a bent pushrod is all. I also found the further I dug into the car, the more non-oem stuff I found. The lifters i couldnt figure out where they were from, but all of that was removed, and in came OEM non MDS, and a "stage 1" cam from CompCams. It's considered a no spring needed cam, so I didnt have to upgrade the springs (but that's coming soon i reckon). So, after a weekend of a fellow coworker and I working on the car, it was on its maiden voyage to getting tuned. (I tried an email tuner, but it didnt really work out.)

Here's a couple more photos of me , and the oh joys we had working on the car..

(Which chamber was the pushrod in hmm......

#395343  by Sneke_Eyez

Ken, I still think of listening to your Charger burbling away in the parking lot at the hotel at Carlisle when I think about possible LX ownership. Maybe someday!
 #395345  by KxWarrior

I wouldn't have minded LC, but the price was right for this thing. I'd like to say they're easy to work on too, but hey, I think thats just me wrenching this long!

3 weeks and it gets the quarter panels repaired. got 2 sitting in the car right now.
Sneke_Eyez liked this
 #395367  by LUNAT1C

I still miss my 07 R/T Road & Track. I don't miss the black paint, but I do miss the very comfortable Road & Track package seats (SRT bolstering, partial suede inserts, with heritage R/T emblem stitched into the leanbacks), and song the Borla system sang.
 #395373  by KxWarrior

I completely forgot to post about my sweet adventure getting those type of seats in the car. Squilliam (Will to others who know him) sold me a set of 300C Heritage Edition seats, and I had one reupholstered for the bad spots, and put them in the car. Now its a mix of light taupe (i think thats the color..), and black (actually forgot the name of it) in teh car. it pulls together pretty nicely, however I did notice that my rear seats are starting to crack where the kids sit so...that'll eventually get addressed...Lol