Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • 7 Piece Vinyl/Nylon Lug Nut Impact Sockets

• A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.
Membership Banner

A place to discuss different tools we use to keep our cars running.

Moderator: Moderators

#303298  by Bill Putney

Reminds me of the story about the little boy in a cowboy suit who went into an ice cream shop and ordered a hot fudge sundae with nuts. The lady asked him if he wanted his nuts crushed. I can't repeat what the little boy said back to the lady.
 #303302  by Null

Hot fudge sundae's and women crushing nuts. i like where this thread is headed :D

nutcracker
 #303304  by beespecial

null26 wrote:Hot fudge sundae's and women crushing nuts. i like where this thread is headed :D
Ha. Like most threads around here, this one's taken a left turn somewhere. :lol:
 #303310  by InfernoLime

I use the OEM bar wrench tire iron thing that came on the scissor jack. But I learned about a week about that my dad has an impact wrench, so I am actaully going to Canadian Tire to get a 19mm impact socket and am going to put my summer tires back one tomorrow.
 #303345  by grayslater

Nothing but a deep well, 19mm, 6-point socket, and a breaker bar for my wheels on removal. Add the use of a torque wrench when putting them back on.
 #303357  by JTROANOKE

mattgendron wrote:I use the OEM bar wrench tire iron thing that came on the scissor jack. But I learned about a week about that my dad has an impact wrench, so I am actaully going to Canadian Tire to get a 19mm impact socket and am going to put my summer tires back one tomorrow.
 #303358  by JTROANOKE

LUNAT1C wrote:Didn't really need to know how you all handle your nuts... sigh.

Am I the only one who still uses a tire iron? I don't recall even scratching a lug nut or a wheel. Spin the lug nuts most of the way out, then grab the socket/iron to remove with the lug nut still in the socket.
I don't know that I ever have either. I use an impact sometimes, 4 way other times. Torque wrench for the finish. I wish the guys at the tire stores had padded sockets though, because they tend to not be as careful as I am. My current tire guy uses a torque wrench and is a bit more careful.
 #305870  by mnitetrain

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-pc-1-2-Drive- ... d1&vxp=mtr

These can go in the glove box and still have room left over.