Chrysler 300M Enthusiasts Club
  • Which headlight is this and what's the best bulb

• LED, Color Changes, Custom Lenses, whatever
Membership Banner

LED, Color Changes, Custom Lenses, whatever

Moderator: Moderators

#370548  by Dolence

Hi guys! I'm in the restoration process of my 2000 300M and since I'm not very familiar with this car I need some help of our fellow members.
My car had generic 55W aftermarket HID kit installed on low beams and in the night the illumination was awful. Headlights are OEM projector type. I'm not sure if are they special HID retrofitted or just regular HB3 bulbs (non HID) type with projectors.
I'd like to know which headlight is this and what would be the best light option to use. Should I stick to halogen bulbs? Or maybe install a higher quality 55W HID? LED would be an option and if yes, which one?

Thanks in advance.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... e92d17.jpg[/img][img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... e220e1.jpg[/img]

Enviado de meu Redmi Note 4X usando Tapatalk

#370552  by M-Pressive

That is the standard European light. Came on all euro model Ms after 02 (I believe).
Not sure about the bulb. Sonicrob runs those lights in his car. Hopefully he chimes in with a bulb recommendation.
 #370559  by Dolence

M-Pressive wrote:That is the standard European light. Came on all euro model Ms after 02 (I believe).
Not sure about the bulb. Sonicrob runs those lights in his car. Hopefully he chimes in with a bulb recommendation.
Thanks, M-Pressive!
Here they are after lens separation and some initial sanding.
[img]//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201711 ... 40b907.jpg[/img]

#370562  by remi

All Euro spec M have this design, all years (1998-2004). They don't come with HID but I do have 35W HID in mine, they work great.
You should also have the room (and maybe the wiring) for low beam leveling motors. There should be 2 threaded holes on the bottom where the headlight washer sprinklers would be.
Euro spec headlights have their own wiring for the parking light, low and high beams, and leveling motors. By themselves they won't fit a US harness. If you are in the EU market then you may have a slightly modified front end :)
 #370568  by Dolence

remi wrote:All Euro spec M have this design, all years (1998-2004). They don't come with HID but I do have 35W HID in mine, they work great.
You should also have the room (and maybe the wiring) for low beam leveling motors. There should be 2 threaded holes on the bottom where the headlight washer sprinklers would be.
Euro spec headlights have their own wiring for the parking light, low and high beams, and leveling motors. By themselves they won't fit a US harness. If you are in the EU market then you may have a slightly modified front end :)
Remi, mine have low beam leveling working through the switch on dash. I'm considering installing a new better quality hid kit. Mine sometimes doesn't light up one of the sides and output isn't good.
Now that they have the lens open I was thinking if angel eyes on low would be cool. I'm planning a clean look, nothing too fancy.